Dremel's

Dorset Hedgelayer

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If you want to reproduce the same sign over and over, which I think is what your getting at? It would be well worth you making a template out of mdf. Take your time with it and get it perfect, cut out letters with a jig and use the dremel to sand them perfect if necessary. You can then use a guide bush to follow your letters if you make them oversize or a guided template router cutter if there exact size.

If your clever u can make the template well oversize and use different size bushes and cutters to achieve different size signs. You would then get a perfect sign in a fraction of the time taken freehand.

It is also important to make sure you always cut in the right direction.

James

I'd agree with making a template if you're planning on doing a lot.

Have you considered routering one through a piece of thin wood/mdf and then use that to spray paint it on each sign?

I've done the odd sign in the past, I drew the design out on paper and then glued it onto the sign. Once it's dried, carve out the lettering and sand off the glued paper.

Apart from holding the wood between me knees dont think the set could be much crude.

so we have borrowed Power craft multi tool

vice

dremel 640 V bit

any old bit of wood Ive found

& not much space

while waiting for pic's to up load just seen wisewood & mutley's coments , thanks chaps. have seen on youtube the fourmers etc etc.. cant think of the name just now but even like the drawing thing that was around in the old days,.... as stated on the 1st post at this moment in time dont plan to go at it for a living long way from doing that :blushing:

DSCF7406.jpg.6188978b26f9fe0b245a4ec58ae6f5cb.jpg

DSCF7405.jpg.9ecae62de52ed5e3bbaf84b2eb9c613a.jpg

DSCF7404.jpg.eaef2baaa481022740979abdbe1bffac.jpg

DSCF7403.jpg.9fd7eac1d4eb9b70a73ae529dc1409ce.jpg

DSCF7402.jpg.8bfa80399367d134dc788e11782d3b39.jpg

DSCF7401.jpg.fc2ec73898429cec5b965a28a63e3d83.jpg

DSCF7400.jpg.057945a32916975d933f6598a609d67f.jpg