New Zealand Flights

farmer_ben

are stop overs a possibility on a budget? i had sort of ruled them out....got 4 weeks for the whole trip, originally thought stop over hong kong there and SAn Fran on the way back...any advice would be great :)

There is the transit hotel in singapore airport. Only one stop to Christchurch and singapore airline is pretty good. All the others stop in Auckland first, which after 20+hours, is annoying!

Cathay pacific was good

Air New Zealand ok

Royal Brunei took forever with 4 stops but was the cheapest. Absolutely no alcohol tolerated Also other reasons I wouldn't fly with them again.

This November going with Korean air.

If you stop over think about it ben. Are you a tatie, meat and veg man? If so you will starve in Hong Kong I did.

We went straight through on the way out and on the first leg I got lumbered with the smelly fat bloke in the next seat

On the way back the plane broke down in Singapore so we got a night in a hotel, food, bed, pool, the difference was like night and day.

When we landed in Auckland they chucked the camper keys at me and let me on my way, I was amazed since I had been on the go for 30 hours

I assume the plane was on the ground when it broke down??:confused1:

Luck one there :thumbup:

I assume the plane was on the ground when it broke down??:confused1:

Luck one there :thumbup:

Apparently the switch that tells the computer the landing bay door is closed was faulty, you could probably have fixed it with a bit of gaffer tape, but I think that's against the rules:laugh1:

try ethihad airlines economy plus get more leg room cousin fly with them and say one of the better airlines if stopping he said singapore. was not impresed with dubai but then they fly non stop to sydney. and he said fly non stop then rest when you get there. but NZ is a few hours more so do not know long time 30 hours on a plane. i am hoping to go next year and never flown for so long.

and still trying to work out a good route and price as on a budget BA cheapest at moment but leg room not good 30 inches.