Woodcraft in Bristol

thor

i recently spent a year as an arborist in canada. i met a guy who 'recycled' the wood: carving, making table tops, bowls, even log boats! unfortunately i didnt get to spend as much time as i wanted with the guy but decided i'd really like to do this back here in england. my uncle has even been good enough to lend me his alaskan mill. all i need now is some big trees to fell, and a willing person to teach me some skills. i'm finding it difficult to find people that do this kind of work, but i'd be willing to come and help out a carver/cabinet maker/anyone who's interested and got the means and knowledge to do stuff like this. let me know if there's anyone around the bristol area. thanks!!!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I'm in Bristol too. Have you considered the Wood Project by Temple Meads? Also could try Tyntesfield (National Trust place) near Wraxall. I know they do courses in wood craft. Could be a go'er.

Be really interested if you find anything. Upcycling wood is right up my street.

Cheers

Steve

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello mate, I run a project that's not far from bristol Heartwood Project :: Reviving the pulse of woodland culture. take a look . Not far from bristol easy by train aswell. I also recomend cherry wood . We have volunteer days , Greenwood workshops etc. Also if you have a mill then I may have some timber to mill and we could share out the boards . Cheers, Adam

• 1 month later...