Chas approval

Orchard gm

Is chas approval worth getting would it make a big difference if trying to get commercial work etc?

A company in Liverpool said they would do all the legwork for us we basically need to sign it etc for £350 for their work then £140 for the chas ticket?

Is anyone on here approved and feeling the benefits

Thanks

Been chas 3 years and yes it helps, dont think you will get loads if work from it ad you wont but it cuts a lot of crap out of tenders and commercial works.

As for the firm doing it trll em to poke it

CHAS helps if you are already tendering for commercial work, but it wont suddenly bring in lots of work.

As for getting someone in to do the application for you, if you already have all the paperwork done, (risk assessments, method statements, health and safety policy statement etc) then what are they doing for £350? You might as well put it all together and submit it yourself.

On the other hand, if you are starting from scratch and need a complete set of paperwork drawn up, then it might be worth using someone to do that for you, but if you do make sure you use someone with an arb background, otherwise you may pass the assessment but the paperwork will be useless when you actually need it for a tender.

I can point you in the right direction if you do need someone.

..and of course you can access CHAS, and SAFEcontractor, and indeed any other SSiP safety scheme, via 'ARB Approved Contractor' these days.

Yes it will cost you more than £350 (approx. £600 per year inc. CHAS licence as a small business) but you also get a whole lot more.

To be honest, "is CHAS worth it?"...in the domestic sector = NO, in the commercial sector = YES, probably and in some cases definitely.

Give me a call (07971 995351), or reply, or 'pm' if you want to chat.

Cheers..

Paul

..and of course you can access CHAS, and SAFEcontractor, and indeed any other SSiP safety scheme, via 'ARB Approved Contractor' these days.

Yes it will cost you more than £350 (approx. £600 per year inc. CHAS licence as a small business) but you also get a whole lot more.

To be honest, "is CHAS worth it?"...in the domestic sector = NO, in the commercial sector = YES, probably and in some cases definitely.

Give me a call (07971 995351), or reply, or 'pm' if you want to chat.

Cheers..

Paul

Haha, not one to miss the chance of a plug eh Paul! I keep thinking about AAAC, and then think I've managed for the last 30 years, do I really need it for the next 30 (Ok maybe 15 then!) don't really want to be climbing when I'm 80!

Haha, not one to miss the chance of a plug eh Paul! I keep thinking about AAAC, and then think I've managed for the last 30 years, do I really need it for the next 30 (Ok maybe 15 then!) don't really want to be climbing when I'm 80!

Al, of course you do, you just haven't really realised it yet :001_rolleyes:

Hope you're well.

Paul

PS Just think how much more your business will be worth as an ArbAC when you come to sell it in 15-30 yrs time :thumbup: