Can anybody recognise this Chainsaw?

sirstanleybowles

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its An Older Make of a NELSON / RYOBI feller. Screw Fix and other Whole Sellers, Seem to be buying afair few. B&Q Sell the Newer, More Reliable Version for about 100 .. BUT - Unless its for Really Light Work, EG: Hedge Trimming .. Go HUSKY / STIHL.!!

Edited by Drew87

I gather Rich at GTR Tool Repair is the man to see about fixing cheap Chinese saws, he just lurrvvesss their wibbly wobbly parts made of green cheese:lol:

Sorry Rich:001_tt2:

:lol::lol::lol:

Hey it's whatever comes my way to try and fix I'm afraid.

Wouldn't make any money turning down every none stihl or husky machine that come through the doors.

Sorry but us full timers can't afford to only fix husky and stihl saws spud. :001_tt2::001_tt2:

as other posts its a MAC saw sold by the sheds. neigbour has the eletric model of of it so must come from china. as for spare parts GTR may be able to get it going for you. it anoys me they sell these things then when they go wrong can not get the bits so most buy a new unit still thats how the sheds are as big as they are buy dirt cheap sell for a good markup. then sell you a new one when it fails. hope you can get it fixed

Hi Guys,

I recently bought this Chainsaw second hand so I could maintain my Garden but after using it for a while I noticed the chain wasn't getting lubricated so I decided to service it. Took the Bar of and made sure the lube holes were clear and generally cleaned the bar groove. I got to the lube pump mechanism and that's where I found the drive had got stuck due to not being serviced properly in the past and had been worn away. Now there is no make of sticker on the unit so I'm really stuck trying to get the spares I need, I have sent many emails to companies asking if they recognise it but most just offer me a new chainsaw which I don't want as this is an excellent little runner and in excellent condition except the lube pump. So here are a few shots of the unit and the spare parts I need and I'm really hoping someone recognises it so I can order new parts.

Cheers Guys

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

2.jpg

1-1.jpg

Mac Alister

Yes please do. Without the black parts it looks like a partner oil pump. These do tend to come with the housing pictured.

What's throwing me out as you can see is the one pictured the end gear part is backwards. Wounder if its the same but someone has put it on backwards?

And there's no clue on the safety sticker on the top?

Or on any of the plastics around the saw, as in on the underneath of them?

Hi,

Sorry for the delay in taking this pic!! I hope it helps

IMG_0277.jpg

Ive put the parts back in so you can see how it mounts directly into the casing without a housing of its own.

Would like to sort this out asap so if anyone has any idea where I can order these parts would be good. I only need the drive and the plastic drive mounted on the metal spindle!!

Obviously I'm only using this unit for small garden work and not massive trunks!!

Cheers Guys