climbing jacket

MattyF

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My chosen jacket is aMtn. Equipment soft shell.

do you not find short arsed jackets ride up under your harness, that makes me mad, then the harness gets a wee bit loose, that makes me even madder. then me bum gets wet. dummy right out the pram, total ragy ragy. i now all of a sudden find a big cavity and the 10%thin becomes a pollard, and the mystery cavity is never found:sneaky2::mad1:

do you not find short arsed jackets ride up under your harness, that makes me mad, then the harness gets a wee bit loose, that makes me even madder. then me bum gets wet. dummy right out the pram, total ragy ragy. i now all of a sudden find a big cavity and the 10%thin becomes a pollard, and the mystery cavity is never found:sneaky2::mad1:

The shorter jackets are designed to fit above the harness, for maximum flexability. Your arse getting wet is the sacrifice made for this. If its really lashing down you cant see through a visor or glasses well enough to climb efficiently anyway.

Time to steam up the windows in the cab and listen to daytime radio.

The shorter jackets are designed to fit above the harness, for maximum flexability. Your arse getting wet is the sacrifice made for this. If its really lashing down you cant see through a visor or glasses well enough to climb efficiently anyway.

Time to steam up the windows in the cab and listen to daytime radio.

remember i am the boss mate, the radio and heaters were disconnected years ago, its warmer and more pleasant out my vehicles:sneaky2::001_smile:

I can't believe you guys spend so much on jackets for tree work. I stick with a good base layer, t-shirt, cheap fleece and then an army gore-tex jacket when it rains. I don't look very fancy but then again I am climbing trees for a job which is cool enough to over-rule my poor fashion sense!

i had the stretch air jacket found it brilliant apart from getting a little to warm in it time to time and getting wet in it so i bought the stein jacket as its 100% waterproof ( yes it is get washed one of the groundies in it) and i never climb in my stretch air jacket any more find the stein coat more breathable and a better fit and at the price its a fantastic coat

I can't believe you guys spend so much on jackets for tree work. I stick with a good base layer, t-shirt, cheap fleece and then an army gore-tex jacket when it rains. I don't look very fancy but then again I am climbing trees for a job which is cool enough to over-rule my poor fashion sense!

it pretty much rains here all the time, if we are lucky we get a good april and maybe a few frosty days in winter, summers are here or there. i spent years with crap jackets getting soaked to the skin, i used to have a north face jacket that hung up for years in the closet to keep it good and freeze all day at work in winter, i started wearing it to work, amazing dry and cozy all day, thats when i realised. stop blowing 60quid a weekend on drink(13years ago) and scrue the nut, and put my money towards proper things. thats why last year i spent a small fortune on a tractor with crane so i can stay warm and dry most of the winter and base my work around it. i know too many guys in their 40s that are goosed with knackered joints and bad back. ok big girls blouse rant over. :001_smile: