Yet another Heath fire in Dorset...

Pete Hart

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

suppose i better hunt out fire beaters.

who ever controls/manages canford heath would benefit from fire breaks.

(time for sarcasm)- little fluffy animals and slimey things can cross firebreaks and some actually like the bare soil....

edit- thats not actually sarcastic, its ture, but some pplo seem everso scared of upsetting a tiny bit of habitat... and the result means the habitat gets burnt...

Edited by Robbyrasta

that the trouble is all the rare or not so rare species of snakes lizards birds etc which perish in the flames. i know its not human rights. but if they do catch them. then maybe the magistrate should make them do volunteer work putting out the fires that there friends light. maybe the message may get home. or put them in stocks in poole. nice rotten fruit order of the day

Put them in gibbets at County Gates and Holes Bay.

The madness continues. Deliberate fires started in hamworthy last night too. Could see them burning from the harbour whilst out kayaking. Silly season is well and truly upon us

advanced arborcare Ltd - Tree Surgeons Poole Home

Schools break up tomorrow. I have visions of another 1/3 of Upton Heath burning again. One of our big heath sites called Avon Heath has just ordered another load of fire beaters and two more bowsers for this year. We just have that horrible feeling tha tthe preverbial is going to hit the fan this year as everywhere is tinder dry.

i see that Europe have water tankers which can skin over water collecting large amounts of water to drop on fires. maybe one should be on standby at Bournemouth to go into action. lets hope the idiots do not come out to cause havoc. but find better things to do. mindless when they do get hold of them send them down for a long time i smoke and at present have a bottle with fluid in bottom to put fags in to kill them. will not think of discarding a lighted fag from window even in winter.

Bourne Valley has been burning again this evening as has Ham Common. Dread to think how many more are going to be burning this summer.

Another large fire underway on heathland at Bourne Bottom in Poole and Ham Common is up in smoke again (From Bournemouth Echo)

Edited by Matthew Arnold