How long does it take you to climb a tree to the top?

cerneARB

Hi all,

How long does it take you to climb to the top of say a 25 meter tree and establish an anchor piont?

I know its going to be different wether you use ascendors and how long you been climbing.

When you first strated climbing how long did it take you?

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too difficult to say but I reckon I would take longer than Steve at 2 mins :001_smile:

I was probably quicker when I first started than I am now since I prob did a lot more free climbing back then. That was until I realised getting to the top in record time doesnt mean you will get the job done much quicker tbh, theres a lot more to treework than being the fastest up a tree.

cerne, this is about as hard a question to answer as your last thread....theres too nany variables to answer a question like this!

but if i had to, i'd say 2 minutes

i like asking challenging questions Steve:001_smile:.i know there is a lot of varibles, my question was generic mostly.

I have climbed 3 times had to dismantle and rig 3 Ash yesterday that were 20-25m, they had ivy about a third of the way up i reckon i got up and had an anchor in, in about 15-20 minutes I really struggle climbing ivy so theres a beginners time for you. felt quicker than that but i bet it wasn't:thumbdown:

Forgot to add that was using basic kit just mostly 1 end of the rope and a short strop with prussiks nothing fancy

Edited by Billy