simonm

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

globalnewark that is a nice thing todo :thumbup1::thumbup1:

Even though it was not really ur problem u got out ur way to try help the bloke

Now that service :thumbup1:

Yep. After sales service is everything. That's the reason I chose a Jensen when I bought a small chipper but as I said before, I'd choose Bandit for the larger machines.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I have the 65xp and despite a few initial problems, which were quickly sorted.. I am very happy with it.

It does have the dealing with deadwood problem, which isn't really an issue unless you are taking down a long dead tree, which isn't very often.

I did think it was a pain in the backside but then I realised that the benefits of the chipper far out weighed this one problem, especially after using other people's Chippers when subbing to them.

One of the initial problems was the chip discharge is viscous and it sprayed out in a fan shape firing down either side of the truck as well as into the back. A shoot extension sorted that out and now I can direct the chip exactly where I want it and when working in woodland the viscous discharge comes in handy as I can fire the chip up to 140ft and spread it out instead of it being in a pile :thumbup:

The 65xp will swallow a lot of things that other Chippers simply won't. Sheets of ivy is one example. Big limby stuff is another....

Tbh I wouldn't buy another machine, bandits are a good honest solid machine IMO easy to maintain and service, no silly fancy plastic covers etc

I have the 65xp and despite a few initial problems, which were quickly sorted.. I am very happy with it.

It does have the dealing with deadwood problem, which isn't really an issue unless you are taking down a long dead tree, which isn't very often.

I did think it was a pain in the backside but then I realised that the benefits of the chipper far out weighed this one problem, especially after using other people's Chippers when subbing to them.

One of the initial problems was the chip discharge is viscous and it sprayed out in a fan shape firing down either side of the truck as well as into the back. A shoot extension sorted that out and now I can direct the chip exactly where I want it and when working in woodland the viscous discharge comes in handy as I can fire the chip up to 140ft and spread it out instead of it being in a pile :thumbup:

The 65xp will swallow a lot of things that other Chippers simply won't. Sheets of ivy is one example. Big limby stuff is another....

Tbh I wouldn't buy another machine, bandits are a good honest solid machine IMO easy to maintain and service, no silly fancy plastic covers etc

What is this problem with deadwood? How does it manifest itself?

It jams the rollers and stops them so you have to keep reversing them.

The other Dean may confirm but I think they have minimised this problem with adding more blades on the feed rollers.

Also it helps dramatically if you feed the deadwood in with the live brash, but to be fair, it isn't that much of a problem for me now I know what to do

That's a fair summing up, I have now got Bandit to add the 20" flipper to the options list which we now take as std UK issue. Again with the rollers you have the choice of single or double slatted rollers but it only seems to occur on 6" & 7" chippers, I think it must be something to do with the 90 degree chipdisc as all others are different.