Husky 365

NFG

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is new, and an 'x-torque' model, that is a good price for a work horse of a 70cc saw.

Almost forgot to add -

If it is an older 365 special model, the price is a bit high, but it is still a good saw for forestry. They take the 372 top end, and can be made to run very strong when rebuilt/ported.

Thanks for posting - I understand the difference now, I suspect its a 65cc version, but seems like a good price. I dont have a problem with an older model if its going to be a reliable work horse as posts suggest.

N

Thanks for posting - I understand the difference now, I suspect its a 65cc version, but seems like a good price. I dont have a problem with an older model if its going to be a reliable work horse as posts suggest.

N

If its the older 365 special you can tune the carb with screw driver . Old school but could be worth a lot if thing play up .....

If it is the older version special with walbro carb and not the xtorq as said its only the top end that's different. If its the xtorq 365 its the same as the 372xtorq and all you need to do is grind off some fins on the transfer covers to make it the same as the 372. The new xtorq 365/372 is exactly the same motor apart from the restriction yet because it has xp on the 372 Husqvarna charge an extra £120 for the privelidge....

I got a 365sp and cant fault it, they are a great saw and never had an issue with it. The only issue out of the norm is the inlet boot has been known not to seal 100% but that seems almost an ongoing issue with huskys...

Edited by wisecobandit

Hi all,

Had another look and discovered the year of manufacture is 2002, therefore Im swayed towards going for a 365Xtorq from Mr Jones in London who offers a reasonable price for delivery.

Thanks to all those who have posted so far.

N

You know there is 3 different 365's I hope.

The older 365's came in closed port and open port and 65cc. The one with 365 Special on it was usually closed port and the one to go for on the older ones.

The new 365XT is 70.7cc and the bargain of the century. Pull transfers and grind the restrictor divder out of transfer covers and you got your self a 372xp XT.

You know there is 3 different 365's I hope.

The older 365's came in closed port and open port and 65cc. The one with 365 Special on it was usually closed port and the one to go for on the older ones.

The new 365XT is 70.7cc and the bargain of the century. Pull transfers and grind the restrictor divder out of transfer covers and you got your self a 372xp XT.

Hi,

The saw in France is a 365special 65cc dated 2002 at around £540 at current exchange rate.

Im now swayed towards the 365XTorq 70.7cc at around £560 delivered to me in France or £518 if I go direct to Mr Jones in London, I have the opportunity to do so in September, so worth the wait.

I cant say Id be one for tweaking it, but its nice to know it shares components with a larger saw & as you say is the bargain of the century.

Thanks

N

• 5 weeks later...

Good news,

The finance director (OH) has finally approved funding !

A visit to FR Jones in the not too distant future for a 365 XTorq. I did consider a 391 which is a similar price, however a number of things discouraged me:

1. Stihls internet sales policy is rather juvenile.

2. Most dealers around here are Husqvarna the only Stihl one charges a lot.

3. The easy fit filler caps are maddening, Ive had oil & fuel over my chaps from incorrectly fitting & always double check now. They are also prone to collect oily sawdust in places that eventually permit ingress to the tank. Where as a screw cap is much simpler and easier to keep clean.

4. I trust the air filter is going to be better than the old tights and flimsy plastic on my 250 which requires constant cleaning. Im sure its better on the Stihl pro saws but Im not impressed with this, entry level saws, maybe.

Thanks for all posts,

N