Timber trailer

Logrover

Right we have a job clearing some large pine, small birch on a peaty site. We currently have a nice big 160hp valmet and duel wheels as we are all about low ground pressure. Now we also have 2 diggers set up with timber grabs but no trailer.

Looking for a timber trailer with no crane with proper forestry tyres, not the agri types and possibly with bandtracks, anything to reduce the ground pressure.

What do people reccomend.

have considered a hydrostatic 8 ton tracked dumper with a timber tray on the back. :001_smile:

Hi Logrover,

sounds like you have some interesting kit? What are your excavators?

We do a fair bit of this and just laugh at the concept of 'Bandtracks'? They are far more an aid that is designed to provide as much additional bite as floatation in my opinion, and simply no comparison to something like a tracked dumper you may be considering.

We generally go where others won't or where clients simply can't have the mess, and having this around now has transformed the work.

Eddie.

5976653b60c1f_Image1.jpg.fff83dbf4d98794b6528927616895843.jpg

Hi Logrover,

sounds like you have some interesting kit? What are your excavators?

We do a fair bit of this and just laugh at the concept of 'Bandtracks'? They are far more an aid that is designed to provide as much additional bite as floatation in my opinion, and simply no comparison to something like a tracked dumper you may be considering.

We generally go where others won't or where clients simply can't have the mess, and having this around now has transformed the work.

Eddie.

HI EDDIE is that stephen old mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Yes it is the very same 'Ultimate Forwarder' and I don't have the time here to heap enough praise on it!!:thumbup:

Greg has done a great job of just sorting out a few bits and pieces, and we've had some serious work out of it in a wide range of applications.

It actually works best alongside my own 8 tonne excavator that can load it extremely quickly, allowing it to traverse site and then unload at it's own pace.

The resulting time between loads allows me to sort everything out ready for quick loading, and crush/stack brash together also if it's going to the fire.

The dumper can deal with brash just as effectively, taking a decent load from the excavator and placing straight onto the fire, plus tidying the fire if required.

They can clear a fair area together in a day with hardly a mark and everything tidy.

We had a recent application that involved transporting rocks to the excavator for placing, and again it came into it's own.

Rocks were delivered to a suitable pint with a larger dumper and then simply self loaded, before being transported to me with no mess and total safety.

The machine seems to get all those 'can you just' jobs like fetching buckets, bog mats, fuel tank etc and once again is brilliant because it can do them all quickly and safely.

A top bit of kit.

Eddie.

5976653b93f8a_Image17.jpg.378fd95f62c1dd18d8f0d8a3cb4796e2.jpg

5976653b92064_StaffordshireMoorlands-20130522-01817.jpg.2c08333934f5d3656c0e6464daead962.jpg

5976653b8f58e_Image2.jpg.38564eaf743d59f3f0bcd245006571b4.jpg

5976653b8d4f7_Image39.jpg.62a32b36f395c0cee14846c27c312578.jpg

Yes it is the very same 'Ultimate Forwarder' and I don't have the time here to heap enough praise on it!!:thumbup:

Greg has done a great job of just sorting out a few bits and pieces, and we've had some serious work out of it in a wide range of applications.

It actually works best alongside my own 8 tonne excavator that can load it extremely quickly, allowing it to traverse site and then unload at it's own pace.

The resulting time between loads allows me to sort everything out ready for quick loading, and crush/stack brash together also if it's going to the fire.

The dumper can deal with brash just as effectively, taking a decent load from the excavator and placing straight onto the fire, plus tidying the fire if required.

They can clear a fair area together in a day with hardly a mark and everything tidy.

We had a recent application that involved transporting rocks to the excavator for placing, and again it came into it's own.

Rocks were delivered to a suitable pint with a larger dumper and then simply self loaded, before being transported to me with no mess and total safety.

The machine seems to get all those 'can you just' jobs like fetching buckets, bog mats, fuel tank etc and once again is brilliant because it can do them all quickly and safely.

A top bit of kit.

Eddie.

HI EDDIE nice kit there mate i seen it when stephen thanks jon :thumbup: