How much do you put into the business?

18 stoner

Just thinking about this topic, been up since 5am doing some research, both reading and online, be on site at about 7.45 til dark, then meet a client this evening to discuss work. How do you calculate the time spent researching information? This tree malarkey sure gets under the skin! As TreeWiseMen said 8days a week dont seem enough!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
I just finishing up my second year in business. It is a lot of hard work and some days I think I am losing it. There is progress. I am doing better than last year and that keeps me going. That and my family.

...and after almost 14 years I think ruddy hell I have got to pay that much tax when shown the bottom line by the accountant.

stick with it OM.

Oh yeah and the hours....

... enough to make any junior doctor feel faint.

• 4 years later...

If you all want to earn £100 a day you will if you all want to earn £350 a day you can. If you all undercut ea other your all stuffed. Supply and demand if too many people are tree surgeons it will drive the price down. Some of the easiest most looked down on professions are at the moment earning good money and before anydody takes offence I am not talking arborists. Tree surgeons in my opinion have to risk their lives carrying out a skilled proffession often in hostile conditions and it s hard work.

As a quick example... One boss I know of doesn't put any money or time into the company and isn't doing too well. Another puts pretty much all the money and his time back into developing the company and is doing really, really well!

As a quick example... One boss I know of doesn't put any money or time into the company and isn't doing too well. Another puts pretty much all the money and his time back into developing the company and is doing really, really well!

Most of the time the only man who knows how well a company is doing is the man who owns it. In the past my business has had plenty of work and lots of new kit but underneath I was paddling like mad. Other times the kit was older and the work slower but the books looked much better. Imo Businesses are built on common sense and good decisions not working long hours and living on the bread line.

:001_rolleyes::lol: