Story throne finished

Finaly just about finished a big project i started before my angle-grinder-accident. Huge standing Beach stump at a local school/nursery. Very rotten in places so i have to work around those bits. Wanted it to be natural looking but also have enough interest to draw in the kids attention. Its going to be part of a outdoor learning trail for them. Once i get the big oak stump in place i will also be carving them a 6 foot high Gruffalo. Not many pics post-oiling but i will get more later. Definitely the biggest thing i have carved yet

The lady sitting on it is the teacher who got me involved with the school in the first place. The chap standing on the seat oiling is her hisband and my sanding-helper :thumbup:

IMG_0956smal.jpg.9cca40fb5a8bc2383d31e8e340ed1849.jpg

IMG_0954smal.jpg.c9481f6625ae3f4f75f6ff9e5b3595bc.jpg

IMG_0953smal.jpg.c9fdd5abd010cf8061ef0b7771262b01.jpg

IMG_0952sma.jpg.ba39ef1b8dc63c3738f8521b1468b395.jpg

Thanks all for the kind words. I plan to cut behind the door a little bit, as if it was half-open. just to give the kids another thing to imagine about.

I have tried a few different oils but this one was B&Q's own brand decking oil (same as the DIAL stuff). Costs about £30 for 5 liters, goes on really nice, is water replant right off and seems to have a bit of lacquer in it so it leaves a bit of a shine. Its had a couple of coats now and i will probably add another before i am done. after that its up to the school to oil it regularly