Ag Reg truck..CAN OF WORMS....OPEN AND STAND BACK :)

treedweller

Right guys i wanna hear from people that are running AG reg trucks!!

Before anyone jumps on quoting chapter and verse of VOSA this and that if you don't run or have run an AG reg truck refrain from adding info plz as i really want first hand exp. Everything from vehicle type, tax class, fuel type and any run ins with ministry, police etc.

I know many class it as a grey area but i'm trying to work out weather or not it's worth operating in this grey area.

From reading previous posts in the past quite afew others seem to be in the same boat as me and would benefit from members compiling as much personal 1st experience as possible in one place.

Many thanks guys and girls :001_smile:

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a u1000 Unimog with front and rear linkage and a chip box.

It is Ag reg and Taxed as such. I run it on white!

The work I use it for is forestry, site clearance rd side work and some private work.

I've been stopped by the old bill and vosa and never had any problems with them when I was pulled I had a chipper on the back and half full of chip. They checked the fuel and had a moan about one of my mud guards (bit rusty) then

Sent me on my way.

I am no expert on this subject but I have not been told I am braking and laws so will carry on as I am. :)

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I have a u1000 Unimog with front and rear linkage and a chip box.

It is Ag reg and Taxed as such. I run it on white!

The work I use it for is forestry, site clearance rd side work and some private work.

I've been stopped by the old bill and vosa and never had any problems with them when I was pulled I had a chipper on the back and half full of chip. They checked the fuel and had a moan about one of my mud guards (bit rusty) then

Sent me on my way.

I am no expert on this subject but I have not been told I am braking and laws so will carry on as I am. :)

Why can't u run it on red mate?

Sent from Outerspace.

Well I am not 100% sure that I can as we drive it a fair way from base we also do none forestry work and is it worth getting it wrong? When I was pulled by vosa they were unsure! If it stays on site for over a week I will run it on red then drain any fuel left and fill it with white. I don't understand the rules/regs and tbh I know how much fuel it uses in a day so that gets built into the quote so it does not bother me that much paying that bit more. Oh and the vosa yard is about 500m up the rd from my yard so they sit out side every day but I think they have got board pulling me lol.

Well I am not 100% sure that I can as we drive it a fair way from base we also do none forestry work and is it worth getting it wrong? When I was pulled by vosa they were unsure! If it stays on site for over a week I will run it on red then drain any fuel left and fill it with white. I don't understand the rules/regs and tbh I know how much fuel it uses in a day so that gets built into the quote so it does not bother me that much paying that bit more. Oh and the vosa yard is about 500m up the rd from my yard so they sit out side every day but I think they have got board pulling me lol.

Sensible mate, not worth the hassle.

Sent from Outerspace.

Sensible mate, not worth the hassle.

Sent from Outerspace.

It's not I have a lot on my mind worrying about getting working getting paid making sure the jobs are running smoothly H&S etc.... To be worried about a few quid on fuel / getting pulled and fined its not worth it one less thing to worry about

We run a U1250 AG spec rear lift arms with chipper. It's AG tax (free), no MOT, but we do run it on white as customs and excise spot checked us (with white in the tank) and I asked them, they said absolutely no to red diesel. Never had any issues with it. Have it checked over and it gets a certificate of road worthiness just for piece of mind and no doubt good ammo if the worst we're to happen and the accident investigators tried to claim otherwise.

Good stuff so far guys keep it up!! How about licenses?? Are you driving them on normal car licence like a tractor or do you have cat c?? Im interested in either a rb44 or maybe a daf 4x4 but only have a post 97 license, would these be driven on a car license if ag reg or does it not make a difference.