Chainsaw mill

Vertigo Arb Ltd

If you have an adequately sized bar, just get a ripping chain as they are much better. You'll need a decent chain if you're only using the one powerhead, but if you have two identical 064s, why not getting a double ended bar. Double the power, half the time!

Your best best is asking Rob's advice on his website. You're not far so if you want to have a go with mine, happy to travel for some wood at some point! Maybe when I come to pick those rings up?

Will probably just buy the ripping chain as it will probably be easier! I do have four 064s now so I could also do that!

Well I live in Brentwood, but the yard is in Greenwich, south london. LONG story :) but I would obviously be willing to give you wood for a go but greenwich is about 40 minutes away!

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I used to run my 064 but retired her to ringing down as power to weight is superb.

Pickex up its older cousin 056av. Same size but more torque. Make sure yiu have a 7 tooth sprocket not an 8.

Have just cut 4 29" boards with 36" bar. Make sure there roller not solid.

That 29" was slow progress but 20-24" is comfortable.

Over that the bad boy will come into service.

Simon

I used to run my 064 but retired her to ringing down as power to weight is superb.

Pickex up its older cousin 056av. Same size but more torque. Make sure yiu have a 7 tooth sprocket not an 8.

Have just cut 4 29" boards with 36" bar. Make sure there roller not solid.

That 29" was slow progress but 20-24" is comfortable.

Over that the bad boy will come into service.

Simon

Thanks Simon appreciate the advice I'm going to be casual doing it so slow progress is no problem :) how do you keep your chain sharp?

Thanks all for feedback already given.

What size bars do you have on the 064s? You could do with a 30" bar to get the most (as already said) out of a 24" mill.

Sharp chain is essential go for the precison grinder but maybe not straight away if you want to keep the cash spend lower.

:001_smile: