Chainsaw for beginners??

ldj92

I recently did my cs30 with a small husqy 135, a small light weight saw, mainly for home use. When i go back later in the year,to do my cs31, i'm taking my makita 4300 as thats the saw i use all the time. Its up to you what you get, but dont dismiss what dealers you have around you, for both servicing and parts. IMO i'd go for a husqy.

Edited by harvey b davison
missed a bit.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for advice everyone. I am currently half way though cs30/31 and its going well.

In regards to the saw, husky 550 xp looks like a good bet but what would be the Stigl equivelant, the ms 261?

Thanks

STIHL STIHL STIHL

And yes it would be the ms261 which is a fantastic saw. What you need to think about also is what dealers are in your area? Husky or stihl? There are others but the closer a dealer is to you the quicker the parts, as you wouldnt have to wait for the courier or post

okay so 550 vs ms261

easiest to maintain/ most reliable?

both are good saws, both have their followers and both have good and bad reviews, try both and make your own mind up.

neither is necessarily better than the other, it all comes down to personal choice

Ian