shavey

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

can anyone remember inchs cider??

Yes & it was excellent, not sure if its around still tho.

Recently we spent a week in Benodet - Finistere & found some excellent Breton Cidre.

N

At Woodfest there were a few selling cider.

One was Rosie's Triple D. Three different versions of it, one matured in stainless barrels, one in ex whiskey barrels and one in ex port barrels.

They were all nice but i preferred the port barrel matured version.

I bought half a pint from one of the other stalls to try (before having the Rosie's) and it was damned awful stuff!

Do people actually like the severely highly tannined bittersharp versions of west country style cider? More often than not it's not fit to wash a cobblestoned yard with IMO.

It also surprises me to hear people like Katy cider, I can't stand the stuff. There are not many single variety ciders that are upto much and that definitely isn't one of them.

Don't get me wrong, I am definitely not against west country style ciders, Rattler is very pleasant.

Did you know that most of the commercial ciders are little more than alcopops really. I forget the exact figures but a great many are only about 25% apple juice, the rest is sugar and water.

Very few are made with 100% apple juice. The proper ones are of course.