ID Quiz

John Hancock

haha. Thought that may be picked up on:001_tongue: There is a story behind that, suffice to say a mate felled one, couldnt ident it but knew a man who could, and i ended up putting the small -about 15"- diameter trunk on the bandsaw. Wouldnt have even recognized the genus otherwise!:001_smile: BTW, although the trunk was only 15" dia., we counted well over 150 growth rings, and it was some of the heaviest timber i have handled!

• Replies 378
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Holy gloop! I'd forgotten about that. Give me 20 pines any day over that. What kind of person would retain that kind of thing? I think I probably wouldn't have even bothered on the basis of mental stability. 0% for Mr. Gairn that week.

the guy we had that tought soils and drainage was called mr badger:001_smile:

festuca rubra commutata. thats the only one i remember:001_smile:

Pests and diseases was taught by Elfrida Savagia. Elf for short. She's a Vicar now. I hated soils, not the material, the lectures you understand. So tedious.

Hymenoptera always with the visual clues to Latin names. Loads had sexual double meanings. I only know trees now. Thankfully. My wife thinks I can speak Latin when I run a few off in secession.:001_smile: