Valdotian tresse

Mitch

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I tried an extra braid but found it really distorted my main line (using 13mm marlin gecko)

If I could get it to perform like the one on my side strop I'd be well chuffed. Perhaps I just need to keep playing about with it and changing the sides it's clipped to the HC. I've got some longer eye to eyes as well (80mm) I'll try those and see.. Can anyone tell me if this is normal to experience niggles with setting up a new system.

???????? Does anyone else have similar experiences???

I tried an extra braid but found it really distorted my main line (using 13mm marlin gecko)

If I could get it to perform like the one on my side strop I'd be well chuffed. Perhaps I just need to keep playing about with it and changing the sides it's clipped to the HC. I've got some longer eye to eyes as well (80mm) I'll try those and see.. Can anyone tell me if this is normal to experience niggles with setting up a new system.

???????? Does anyone else have similar experiences???

In all honesty I think eye to eyes are a waste of money. If you buy a 3m length of cord it'll make 2 hitches, and you can adjust the legnth of your cord so it suits you.

Plus its a damn sight cheaper.:thumbup:

• 4 months later...
Tried a VT on my hitch climber yesterday... 3 wraps & 2 braids. 65mm ocean polyester eye to eye. Found it didn't grip too well.... Put 4 wraps in and it was too tight....

Haven't been climbing very long but quickly gaining confidence. I am convinced HC is the way forward but haven't found the right hitch yet...

Any thoughts or advice would be well appreciated.

I climb on hitch climber with a 4 wraps 2 braids vt. 10 mm Vulcan prusik on 12 mm imori line. It works really well and grips reliable. Sometimes a little too hard, though - and needs to be opened op occasionally.

Any experience on fewer wraps / braids etc?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1413115222.247483.jpg.5c09b745952257cdc8c3928e55671ea4.jpg

I use this VT on my 5m side strop... 2 wraps and 3 braids depending on how you count them. Very responsive and grips well when using it on my bridge as a second climbing line. The hitch cord is 8mm op and is nicely worn in. Quite new to climbing so I'm still experimenting...

There are loads on here with bags of experience and knowledge... Why not create a new thread and ask the question? :)

Hope this helps! :)

Timon

I always find OP to be a bit sketchy until it wears in. New cord on a new rope is generally the worst combo. Do a couple of long fast descents with the cord tied correctly to bed it in a bit. Once it is worn a bit them it grips a lot more reliably.

I tend to use Armor pruss or Beeline these days.

In all honesty I think eye to eyes are a waste of money. If you buy a 3m length of cord it'll make 2 hitches, and you can adjust the legnth of your cord so it suits you.

Plus its a damn sight cheaper.:thumbup:

And the truth was spoken!

Recently did exactly this and made two eye to eyes for £3.30 as opposed to over twenty quid each at the local shop!