Valdotian tresse

Mitch

Three good hitches I like, Super Cooper, Knut, & Michoacan. (The VT is just outside the top 3)

Cheers,

Tony

Cheers tony will get my length out and practice , haha didn't put that very well 😳

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.yeah only problem with the Knut is it burns through your hitch cords very fast. especially on half hitch bit on bottom. your VT looks good to me, i dont like having to grab/set my hitch everytime i want it to hold. i dont reckon thats very safe ay, i think you should be able to pull under the pulley and sit back, that is a safe knot to me.

Matt, following on from your comment regarding the Knut. Here is a thread I started a couple of years ago regarding the issue you mentioned.

http://arbtalk.co.uk/forum/climbers-talk/34754-those-climb-knut.html

After contemplating a switch from the vt for a while I used the Knut for the first time today. Ocean polyester eye to eye on Yale imori worked a treat for me. Had to break out the knot app as After a quick study last night i couldn't remember how to tie it. I found it sets a lot easier than the vt and just generally got on better with it.

thats Rich, i thing you can do also not mentioned is to swap it from top to bottom and share the wear on that Half hitch part. (retie i mean) other than the Figure 8 etc their isnt much you can do other than buy new hitch cord for me its not too major unless i am swinging round a tree like a mad man and then its worth a new Cord for the fun of the CLimb.

Three good hitches I like, Super Cooper, Knut, & Michoacan. (The VT is just outside the top 3)

Cheers,

Tony

Not heard of sooper cooper before. So, did a bit of investigating on t'internet. Not a lot out there but I found a few pics. Gave it a go today and see why you rate it #1. Very reliable and consistent. You wouldn't think that putting the braid 'outside' the rope would make such a difference to a VT. Not sure whether I have tied it correctly but found that having the mainline in front of the last braid (top pic) was better than behind (bottom pic). No fancy ropes - just good 'ol Marlowe.

DSC02814_zps0a50ffa1.jpg

DSC02816_zps1001019b.jpg