david brown 880

zeroluke

Hi I gave the grey ferguson a miss. What do you all reckon to an 880 david brown? Its main use will be sit in the corner of the front garden ( will annoy me 'rents no end, and maybe attract thieves in the night, but sod em ) and county fairs etc. What sort of money would you pay for a decent order tractor? I am goin down the road of pre 1973, as they are tax free historic vehicle, which is just as well given the engine size and emissions. Thanks Luke

Hi I gave the grey ferguson a miss. What do you all reckon to an 880 david brown? Its main use will be sit in the corner of the front garden ( will annoy me 'rents no end, and maybe attract thieves in the night, but sod em ) and county fairs etc. What sort of money would you pay for a decent order tractor? I am goin down the road of pre 1973, as they are tax free historic vehicle, which is just as well given the engine size and emissions. Thanks Luke

HI LUKE its free tax on all tractors mate ferguson or massey ferguson are very good tractor mate jon :thumbup:

HI LUKE its free tax on all tractors mate ferguson or massey ferguson are very good tractor mate jon :thumbup:

Ty jon. Even if not for agriculture use as such? Massey look to be steep on fuel consumption from what I've seen of them. I used a late 70s medium size massey, and it used 3 gallons an hour!

Edited by zeroluke
Hit send on the mouse pad in error.

The 880 is a good little tractor, a lot have ended their days as scraper tractors but there are still plenty of restoration candidates out there.

Buying one "Finished" will cost you a lot more. Parts and advice are readily available from the David Brown club The David Brown Tractor Club :: For All Things DB

and

Barcley Williams - Home

Price will depend on condition there is a tidy but recently painted one on ebay at the moment for 1300 quid, the last "minter" I saw for sale was over 2K, but it was still for sale a month later which might tell you something.

David Browns are good old tractors very economical on fuel, my brother picked one up from stafford college the other year for £200 as the engineering students forgot to put anti freeze back in it and left it outside in the winter and cracked the block :001_rolleyes: should be able to get a reasonable one for £1200-1500 I would think :thumbup1: