for sale stihl kit... saws etc

jnoon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

You guys that are getting worked up about this must be young, Some of us remember a time when the internet was science fiction and going to the dealer for parts and saws was the norm.

Some of us remember two man crosscut saws.

Won't be going back to that any time soon either.

hi,

Well 8.30 this morning they hadn't herd of any changes, the parts chap was so suprised by my call he went to ask the boss and he/she to had not herd of any changes

+1; same experience to a T.

Just because you local dealer, which I have never heard of,

Radmore & Tucker used to be (probably not now) the biggest Stihl dealer in the UK - no kidding. 400 brushcutters a week back in the good old days...

TCD, I am not doubting the fact that they used to be, just that I had never heard of them as is possibly the case of many on here.

For around the last 5-6 years the main players have been the guys who have moved with the times. Shop to warehouse to online presence.

Sort of like an economical evolution. Those left behind have lost pace and IMO have lost business because of that. Hence the moaning to Stihl and now this policy.

+1; same experience to a T.

Radmore & Tucker used to be (probably not now) the biggest Stihl dealer in the UK - no kidding. 400 brushcutters a week back in the good old days...

HI TCD they are big mate they do all mole valley farmers stihl kit but if you sale on the net stihl have taken that away and theres some dealers out there now £100/550k down per year not good:thumbdown: when they have pushed there buss on it mad:lol: jon

HI TCD they are big mate they do all mole valley farmers stihl kit but if you sale on the net stihl have taken that away and theres some dealers out there now £100/550k down per year not good:thumbdown: when they have pushed there buss on it mad:lol: jon

yes totally agree they supply mvf who is the biggest farm cooperative in the south west and i know that radmore &tucker supply alot of councils with there groundscare equipment

Well one of the well known Online Stihl spare stockists have told me that as an existing customer, I can still purchase from them from afar.

I have no idea what Stihl are up to, is it some sort of strange marketing ploy, who knows:001_rolleyes:

Times have changed - online sales have changed the way we shop hence the demise of the high street shops and why many of us rarely need to or want to drive to a dealer and order locally but do purchase online due to time consraints and ease of purchase, not forgetting the prices being competitive.

We may find it is all a bad misconstrued plan but have a bad feeling that Stihl are just rubbish communicators and the new policy just hasnt reached some of the UK agents yet!

Never underestimate how stupid our friends accross the channel can be:lol:

yes totally agree they supply mvf who is the biggest farm cooperative in the south west and i know that radmore &tucker supply alot of councils with there groundscare equipment

HI SHAVEY and now they will be the one of the largest stihl out there as the NET has had it day but is there away round stihl terms if it cost dealer £25k to find away around it then thats good on that large dealer as large stihl has a lot to lose thanks jon

Well one of the well known Online Stihl spare stockists have told me that as an existing customer, I can still purchase from them from afar.

I have no idea what Stihl are up to, is it some sort of strange marketing ploy, who knows:001_rolleyes:

Times have changed - online sales have changed the way we shop hence the demise of the high street shops and why many of us rarely need to or want to drive to a dealer and order locally but do purchase online due to time consraints and ease of purchase, not forgetting the prices being competitive.

We may find it is all a bad misconstrued plan but have a bad feeling that Stihl are just rubbish communicators and the new policy just hasnt reached some of the UK agents yet!

Never underestimate how stupid our friends accross the channel can be:lol:

HI STEVE i hope your right but think you will be ok on this thanks keep up the good work jon

i went on Buy Lawnmowers UK at tavistock devon

where i buy alot of things online and this is the new thing that you have to do now to buy stihl/viking equipment from them

stihl/viking have imposed restrictions on how their products are sold on the internet

you need to enter a passcode as issued by us in order to buy these products online

in order too buy you need too have the following qualifications

1 previous customers who we know have experience with tools

2 commercial operators i.e gardening farming landscaping business

3 govermental ground maintainence proffesionals

4 licenced chainsaw operatives

and you can fax your certificates to there office to set up a account