jnoon

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well what you believe.......

It is however a statement of fact that before the advent of the internet we used to go to a dealer, sit down drink his tea chat, buy what we needed and leave.

That's not nonsense its just how it was and for many how it will be.

Dick Leigh has been posting out parts for decades, way before the internet.

I recall going to an AA seminar 20 years ago, a woman there asked where I lived, when I told her she said how lucky I was to live so near to Dick, they posted their saws 400 miles to be serviced by Dick and bought all there gear from him.

So really if you want to go back to a time when we HAD to go to a dealer for parts, you need to go back to the time before the postal service or at least the telephone, I'm pretty sure even you are not that old :biggrin:

So no I don't see any of your statement as fact.

What Stihl are doing is ridiculous, IMO.

I don't see that fair. I like to take pride in my work and pride in my equipment, I like to maintain my gear to a high standard therefore I need a good parts backup and being in the "sticks" is hard for me to get to town to get parts. This is why I take it personally.

Sorry if I have upset anyone but like I said I like to look after my gear.

Josh

I don't think anyone's upset, you've just made yourself look a bit silly that's all.

Dick Leigh now had a van delivering and "handing over" parts and repairs personally. I am in the main a husky man, however I do have stihl saws as well. They are well built Reliable and rarely break unless worn out or abused. Maybe its time to end this stihl rant and just get on with the job. We use saws professionally for a living. If it breakd get it fixed! if your so reliant on a particular saw buy a spare.. Simples....

Haven't read all the posts on this thread but would just say that jnoon isn't the only one with this sentiment.

I'm currently selling three of my smaller Stihl's.

In the last year new machines that I've bought have been Husky, Tanaka, Echo. Apart from one saw in Stihl's range I wouldn't even consider them and I know at least two other local contractors that feel the same.

I'm sure eventually Stihl's attitude and machines will improve again, I just hope for their sake that it doesn't take to many years for them to realises that their not the best any more.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

The thing that really gets me is people seem to see this as Stihl sticking up for small dealer, when in reality they could not give a toss about anything but profit.

If they were an ethical company would they have moved so much of their production to china???

Edited by skyhuck