for sale stihl kit... saws etc

jnoon

Quick call to radmores and they are happy to post spares:thumbup:

They have just gone up in my estimations,

They had herd of no change in there online sales parts policy watsoever and are still happy to post parts for £3.50 postage,

So im well happy, keep the stihl kut running now:001_tt2:

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

They had herd of no change in there online sales parts policy watsoever and are still happy to post parts for £3.50 postage,

Beat me to it. I just rang them too - they "carrying on as normal"; not aware of any comms from Stihl re this.

I emailed Stihl the other day; reply:

Good Morning Mr *****,

Thank you for your email.

Please be advised that your email has been passed onto Mr Nick Burroughs who is the company secretary for STIHL GB.

Kind Regards

Jo Barton-Taylor

Customer Services Administrator

On saws I would agree, but for those who bought saws from Stihl because they live very rurally and needed to get your parts posted in I feel they are its wrong.

Why did Stihl not flag this change for a few years, giving people the chance to chose another brand before they became a "captive audience":sneaky2:

The second paragraph......it's a joke right?

I can only assume Radmores have not been told correctly. We have been informed it's on everything. If I hear any different I'll let you know.

Edited by Jonesie

I can only assume Radmores have not been told correctly. We have been informed it's on everything. If I hear any different I'll let you know.

Regards,

Mr Jones.

hi,

Well 8.30 this morning they hadn't herd of any changes, the parts chap was so suprised by my call he went to ask the boss and he/she to had not herd of any changes

You guys that are getting worked up about this must be young, Some of us remember a time when the internet was science fiction and going to the dealer for parts and saws was the norm.

The convenience of online shopping especially with a smart phone means that your clutch or carb or chain or anything could fail up the top of a tree or wherever you are and you can either phone or access the Internet and order and pay for your part and it be at your home or site address the next day ready to crack on. This option may not suit everyone and people like to work old school, but if you have people who you employ then down time is expensive.

Same reply I had the other day tcd. Heard nothing more.

So is all this bull or is it a bit of fact. Can anyone post the exact note they had from stihl?

I haven't emailed stihl however according to radmore and tucker our main stihl dealer its nonsence, well was this morning anyway.

Hope this helps,

Oh when I was on the phone to him I got him to do a list of spares to,

Josh,

Josh, why is it suddenly a load of nonsense..?

3 of the largest Arb suppliers and Stihl dealerships in the country have been informed this is the case. Costing them money in order to try and continue service to their customers.

Just because you local dealer, which I have never heard of, I dare say along with a lot of members on here hasn't been informed, you believe it.

You seem very emotional about this whole issue and have a habit of reacting with jerky knees.

Time will tell how this policy pans out, but I believe it to be true. Otherwise why would some of the largest distributors of Stihl products be going to such measures?

Josh, why is it suddenly a load of nonsense..?

3 of the largest Arb suppliers and Stihl dealerships in the country have been informed this is the case. Costing them money in order to try and continue service to their customers.

Just because you local dealer, which I have never heard of, I dare say along with a lot of members on here hasn't been informed, you believe it.

You seem very emotional about this whole issue and have a habit of reacting with jerky knees.

Time will tell how this policy pans out, but I believe it to be true. Otherwise why would some of the largest distributors of Stihl products be going to such measures?

I don't see that fair. I like to take pride in my work and pride in my equipment, I like to maintain my gear to a high standard therefore I need a good parts backup and being in the "sticks" is hard for me to get to town to get parts. This is why I take it personally.

Sorry if I have upset anyone but like I said I like to look after my gear.

Josh