what are stihl playing at??

jnoon

The two local dealers are not ideal, by any stretch.

One is genuinely completely useless, as well as being over priced. The other is good, but far too expensive. £120 out on the price of a new MS261 for example.

I can't think of any other tool on the market where distribution and sale is so tightly controlled by the supplier.

Perhaps it's time to start considering the makes outwith of Stihl and Husqvarna?

As far as I can see Stihl are taking away my right of choice , I decide where I buy things , not Stihl . I won't be waiting until my local dealer decides he might order them !

I want the right to pick up the phone and have a helpful person get my stuff to me next day or so !

I think in this day and age it's only fair to have the choice .

TS

To be honest the mowers are not the biggest part.

But they should be. I have serviced over 100 ride ons so far this year, and well over 500 pedestrians, as well as strummers and hedge cutters.

There is no reason why you cant be doing the same in 10 yrs time, but for now you should be easily able to get to half that number within 2 years.

50 rideons at average £170

250 pedestrians at average £80

plus everything else

In 5 months.

Dont worry about Stihl... you dont need it.

As far as I can see Stihl are taking away my right of choice , I decide where I buy things , not Stihl . I won't be waiting until my local dealer decides he might order them !

I want the right to pick up the phone and have a helpful person get my stuff to me next day or so !

I think in this day and age it's only fair to have the choice .

TS

coulnt agree more especially as I've just bought a 362.

As had loads of grief from 560xp, and husk dealer 5mins away

Spreading every day Barrie. To be honest the mowers are not the biggest part. I actually get more saws, hedgecutter, spinners, strimmers, and other machines than I do mowers.

The problem I have now is I don't advertise. Never actually have, word of mouth does more for me than anything.

Think I need to get some ads up.

Have you considered Google Adwords, and having a website optimised for Google searches ( Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Webmaster Tools Help ), so when people search for "mower repair" in your area, your website will show up?

An increasing proportion of people look to Google when searching for local businesses rather than going to Yellow Pages or the classifieds in the local newspapers. And with SEO, the contacts are free, and with Google Adwords, you only pay for the clicks that potential customers make to go to your website

Edited by morten

Have you considered Google Adwords, and having a website optimised for Google searches ( Search Engine Optimization (SEO) - Webmaster Tools Help ), so when people search for "mower repair" in your area, your website will show up?

An increasing proportion of people look to Google when searching for local businesses rather than going to Yellow Pages or the classifieds in the local newspapers. And with SEO, the contacts are free, and with Google Adwords, you only pay for the clicks that potential customers make to go to your website

Funny you mention that, an old school friend is now and IT programmer and is setting one up for me at the moment. Of course its costing me a few drinks.