Lost a good friend today

Matthew Arnold

How was it out of line bud.

I was giving the facts. Yes it has come across as a bit of a slap in the face and i wasn't there but i know he wasn't speeding for that stretch of road from speaking to his dad and the rider that was with him.

HI MATT sorry re it was not your post but difflocks post im sorry mate I've pm sorry jon :thumbup:

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Jon was aiming it at you Matt. I think he quoted it under the wrong post.

To much cizzer again.:thumbup:

Ha ha. I was thinking what the hell did i say. I had to read and re-read several times. I think it was a red wine and ale induced rant on my part too.:lol:

OK gents, I was aware that would raise a few hackles.

Unfortunately the "out for a blast" wording, in the origional post I believe, did not perhaps help in my preception.

Plus the article in the local paper, all paint a particular picture in my mind.

Which is to say anyone I ever knew who fitted that description generally lived life a bit near the edge.

When I was learning to drive 35 years ago my father taught me to always assume/presume that the other driver is a twit and will NOT indicate.

Read the "car language" why are they slowing up, are they going to turn in etc.

Probably a bit like the advanced Police training course.

A perfect example.

Recently I came up behing a tractor with a plough on the back, 4 or 5 fur.

I was considering overtaking, when I realized

(i) he was slowing?

(ii) there was a farm place just ahead, on the left.

I therefore hung back a bit.

The car behind me choose to overtake both of us and was very nearly sideswiped off the road when the plough swung out as the tractor swung in.

As I knew it would, if he turned in, this was what I based my decision on.

If he had not turned in I would have another opportunity to pass safely.

PS

I am currently getting screw over by a stupid bitch, who on a clear road in the 250 straight metres from a roundabout she had just navigated.

struck our stationary vehicle in the outer lane.

I had my indicator on.

DID NOT SEE ME

wtF!

That would have been my first accident in 30 years.

My only other as a relatively new driver I was found not to be at fault.

I have driven considerable distances down the years incl quite a bit on the Continent.

PS

Eggs

Yoy slagged Mrs thatcher rotten when she died (if I recall correctly)

However, and again I can only presume, from the information presented that you gamble, this may be wrong, but otherwise a £500.00 is very odd.

Gamblers are generally telling about the winning bets than the loosing ones.

that is all

good luck.

Me?

I, were reared a dour presbyterian, an it akinda stuck.

cheers

Marcus

Edited by difflock

OK gents, I was aware that would raise a few hackles.

Unfortunately the "out for a blast" wording, in the origional post I believe, did not perhaps help in my preception.

Plus the article in the local paper, all paint a particular picture in my mind.

Which is to say anyone I ever knew who fitted that description generally lived life a bit near the edge.

When I was learning to drive 35 years ago my father taught me to always assume/presume that the other driver is a twit and will NOT indicate.

Read the "car language" why are they slowing up, are they going to turn in etc.

Probably a bit like the advanced Police training course.

A perfect example.

Recently I came up behing a tractor with a plough on the back, 4 or 5 fur.

I was considering overtaking, when I realized

(i) he was slowing?

(ii) there was a farm place just ahead, on the left.

I therefore hung back a bit.

The car behind me choose to overtake both of us and was very nearly sideswiped off the road when the plough swung out as the tractor swung in.

As I knew it would, if he turned in, this was what I based my decision on.

If he had not turned in I would have another opportunity to pass safely.

PS

I am currently getting screw over by a stupid bitch, who on a clear road in the 250 straight metres from a roundabout she had just navigated.

struck our stationary vehicle in the outer lane.

I had my indicator on.

DID NOT SEE ME

wtF!

That would have been my first accident in 30 years.

My only other as a relatively new driver I was found not to be at fault.

I have driven considerable distances down the years incl quite a bit on the Continent.

PS

Eggs

Yoy slagged Mrs thatcher rotten when she died (if I recall correctly)

However, and again I can only presume, from the information presented that you gamble, this may be wrong, but otherwise a £500.00 is very odd.

Gamblers are generally telling about the winning bets than the loosing ones.

that is all

good luck.

Me?

I, were reared a dour presbyterian, an it akinda stuck.

cheers

Marcus

Difflock

I did indeed make my feelings known about Mrs Thatcher has many others on here did. What I did not do was rejoice in her death in any way what so ever.

I may not have been brought up a Christian like your self but I still have morals.

Yes i'am a gambling man and over the years have lost more than I have won.

But each to their own. Eh!

Oh dear,

I did not whatsoever intend to suggest I was a Christian.

Far from that defination.

However the bit from the Presbyterian upbringing that stuck was an acceptance for the responsibilities of the outcomes of ones own decisions or actions, good or bad.

I get really pissed at those who ALWAYS blame others for their continual misfortune.

I know a few, I have worked with a few.

We bought a plot of ground with-out Planning Permission, and I suppose I got Married.

So, hey that's twice I gambled big-time.

We also whilst building this house "by the grip" dealt with some good tradesmen with quite different lifestyles and values to our own.

Deals agreed on a handshake and paid in Cash without any paperwork.

Takes all sorts.

Cheers,

Marcus

Oh dear,

I did not whatsoever intend to suggest I was a Christian.

Far from that defination.

However the bit from the Presbyterian upbringing that stuck was an acceptance for the responsibilities of the outcomes of ones own decisions or actions, good or bad.

I get really pissed at those who ALWAYS blame others for their continual misfortune.

I know a few, I have worked with a few.

We bought a plot of ground with-out Planning Permission, and I suppose I got Married.

So, hey that's twice I gambled big-time.

We also whilst building this house "by the grip" dealt with some good tradesmen with quite different lifestyles and values to our own.

Deals agreed on a handshake and paid in Cash without any paperwork.

Takes all sorts.

Cheers,

Marcus

HI MARCUS can we please bring it back to post it not your post on about other things this is about matts mate thanks jon

Boss has given me the go ahead for one memorial bench which is cool. He said i can have/make any design i want. Going to make one out of solid oak which we have stored in a shipping container so it is bone dry and mostly straight. Will take me about a week to 10 days to make.

this is a perfect memorial to a friend the bench will be there 24/7 sometimes memories fade a little in time its human nature but that bench will help a lot of people remember your friend go for it :thumbup:

make sure you post a photo of the bench when you have finished

take care

andrew