What tractor...?

Ty Korrigan

Recently, I have been hiring a bobcat on tracks with a stone burier attachment for doing lawns.

Personally, I find it overweight and a bit numb with a tendance to rip up surfaces.

I'd prefer a tractor around 25+hp and 4wd.

Something we can put a loader on, run a log splitter, rotovator and a 88 anti-aircraft gun just for kicks.

I've seen a new Kubota 4wd with manual transmission for 10k euros + vat

Lots of questions going through my mind...

Hydro versus manual transmission for example.

Buy used or new...?

Are those Chinese and Indian imports more trouble than they are worth?

Please, share your experiences, I'm all ears!

you will not go wrong with a kubota. bomb proof. i would have a manual one.

hydrostatics can be expensive if they go wrong. or isuki. yanmar very good tractors as good as a kubota. do a lot with a 25hp and will get a very good one for the price you said. as for the imports not heard of any one having one so can not comment. saying that i do have a zeheo and that has been a cracking tractor in a bit of a mess at moment need some tlc. its only downside it has a electronic 3 point linkage and its a pain in butt goes up to quick or down can not set it just right

I have not got much to compare it with but we have a baby Lamborghini R1 ours is the 55 hp version but the small one is 35 hp I think and from looking at the spec they are all basically the same except for engine size. Anyway we are very pleased with it. It's done 800 faultless hours and handles the loader very well and can lift 500kg with a few weights on the back. When we bought it we also looked at the New Holand,Kioti,Kabota and various Chinese ones. Not regretted it for one minute. It is apparently the same as the Deutze and Same as we were asked how we wanted it badged when we ordered.

Hope this might help :001_smile:

We were involved in the assembly of 'Cheap Chinese' compact tractors for a while on behalf of an importer. Whilst I cannot repeat some of the words and phrases that were used during this process, I can tell you that I wouldn't have one given.

In use, the only 'good' reports we ever heard were from those who used them for seriously light work and/or did very few hours. Those that chose to use them in anger did not do so for long...

The Japanese machines are a different story however and and of those should be a decent little thing, as well as anything European.

Is the Kubota name worth paying for? Considering what you get back, I would say so.

Recently, I have been hiring a bobcat on tracks with a stone burier attachment for doing lawns.

Personally, I find it overweight and a bit numb with a tendance to rip up surfaces.

I'd prefer a tractor around 25+hp and 4wd.

Something we can put a loader on, run a log splitter, rotovator and a 88 anti-aircraft gun just for kicks.

I've seen a new Kubota 4wd with manual transmission for 10k euros + vat

Lots of questions going through my mind...

Hydro versus manual transmission for example.

Buy used or new...?

Are those Chinese and Indian imports more trouble than they are worth?

Please, share your experiences, I'm all ears!

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1369754091.482956.jpg.3d2927c34db11f1e2269fad26790cab9.jpg

B2230 one of the most versatile bits of kit I've ever used!

Will run anything from a chipper to a bailer! :) 4wd this one is hydro tho

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Id rather hydro than manual any day never had any problems myself.

Mine are out 12 months of the year winter salt spreading, summer grass cutting, public footpath cutting, Log splitting, Rotovating, Blec, Uni seeder.... couldnt do without ours they certainly earn there keep!

008a.jpg.397cdec1af299042d7ed3640246d395c.jpg