Stihl ms 150t poor build quality ?

Watson

The simplest improvement is to drill the exhaust. A this gives a good increase on power. The coil is limited which makes you think it is running really rich!

Ah i have had a go at tuning the two older ones we have did a good job on one the old man woldent let it out of his sight lol both of them went back to shop for coil pack fault

I found it hard work getting a tach on the lead so ended useing the force

My attachment point came loose and was rendered unusable after as it bent the metal loop I had spud make me a new and improved attachment :) . Apart from this issue I love this saw I use it for dismantles and pruning some would say not to use it for dismantling but if your useing it on sensible bits then I can't see a problem it will stress the engine more than what it should but the time it cuts down on the job and the accuracy of the cuts make this the best for getting the long twiggy laterals of the tree obviously swapping to the 201 or husky when you need the extra power and bar length .

My attachment point came loose and was rendered unusable after as it bent the metal loop I had spud make me a new and improved attachment :) . Apart from this issue I love this saw I use it for dismantles and pruning some would say not to use it for dismantling but if your useing it on sensible bits then I can't see a problem it will stress the engine more than what it should but the time it cuts down on the job and the accuracy of the cuts make this the best for getting the long twiggy laterals of the tree obviously swapping to the 201 or husky when you need the extra power and bar length .

The top engine mount bolt had snapped and the lower one had the thread gone - the earth mounts on one bolt so the stop switch had stopped working which led me to find the faults.

I reckon the bolt had snapped and this led to the lower one stripping - I helicoiled them and fitted conventional bolts - most of the bolts on these new saws appear to be self tap screw threads for cheapness!

I have an 020 AV... its built like a tank! But it weighs like a tank too...

The whole point of the 150T is weight (lack of). For me, Mr. Skinny arms, this makes a huge difference. Better/stronger build quality is going to add weight.

Go steady and treat it carefully and its a huge benefit to reducing fatigue.

At 2.6Kg. is there anything that matches it?

I have an 020 AV... its built like a tank! But it weighs like a tank too...

The whole point of the 150T is weight (lack of). For me, Mr. Skinny arms, this makes a huge difference. Better/stronger build quality is going to add weight.

Go steady and treat it carefully and its a huge benefit to reducing fatigue.

At 2.6Kg. is there anything that matches it?

Check out post #52 ist only 300 gms heavier.

Hears what i have done to our three 150t's. Used a bit of old endless sling and metal ring atached. Via stihl self tapper and washer. To back handle mount can then use the origonal for close atachment on harness

[ATTACH]152817[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]152818[/ATTACH]

Just done this myself, literally took 5 minutes! Well worth it to ease the niggling worry every time it comes out the van! Not that I'm one for dropping my saw on my strop as a rule, but on those awkward branches it's certainly nice to know your £370 quid saw would be safe if you needed to. Thanks for the photos, helps when people show you how to do things. I used the little sling from the spider jack dyneema kit as I'm now a zigzag man. Waste not want not! Thanks again!

Just done this myself, literally took 5 minutes! Well worth it to ease the niggling worry every time it comes out the van! Not that I'm one for dropping my saw on my strop as a rule, but on those awkward branches it's certainly nice to know your £370 quid saw would be safe if you needed to. Thanks for the photos, helps when people show you how to do things. I used the little sling from the spider jack dyneema kit as I'm now a zigzag man. Waste not want not! Thanks again!

No problem david. I had also stiched the strap together behind the screw for a little more pice of mind but it'ull be the washer squish provideing moast of the strength ill pop a pic up of it in a bit just made abother for. The new one yesterday

[ATTACH]152997[/ATTACH]

I just screwed straight through the loop at the end of the webbing with a washer on top into that hole, do you think this will be adequate or do you think I should cut it shorter and soldering iron or hot chainsaw file through the thick part or the webbing? Thanks

More than enuff mate. I only stiched mine as. It is cut down from a large sling. I would think yours would be stronger than the ones. I made :thumbup1: