How young do you start training them

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I remember taking my nephew to the woods when he was 2. He wanted the toilet for a pee, I demonstrated (he wasn't convinced it could be done without a toilet) When he went back home he told everyone he learnt how to wee like a man in the woods.

He is now in his teens and probably the best young lad I know and enjoys working.

Just the basic things learnt young make a difference, no good learning how to use a hammer at 18.

Very good stuff, never too young! :thumbup: Here is my 2 year old learning how soil is made, and showing mum with the camera. They're like enthusiastic knowledge sponges, its great! She knows worms, insects and mushrooms eat leaves twigs and trees and poo soil! That buds turn into leaves to feed the plant/tree or flowers with pollen (that bees make honey with) which mixes with other flowers to make fruit. She knows a cherry from a sycamore, stinging nettles, honeysuckle, blackberry, raspberry fennel and a load of other garden plants. She knows what is and isn't edible, and if she doesn't know she'll ask before eating it! It's amazing what details a young brain can absorb if you take the time to talk to them. Does my head in when you see parents lagging miserable kids down the road listening tk an ipod and ignoring them, telling them to hurry up when they stop to look and ask about something, grrr.

Sorry for the ramble, I love my kids!!!

1369218959916.jpg.222ffcc7c8a47d1c4024fdbfbccdb6af.jpg

1369218947898.jpg.b2eb87d2074005ac1cab9df15415131c.jpg

1369218933713.jpg.ce4677f89960a6a198be422821462cd1.jpg

• 5 weeks later...