This Range Rover is completely mad

Matt GT

There's some vids on Youtube of a 110 Hicap with a 6bt in it - sounds awesome and seemed to go well too.

Not sure the landy halfshafts/diffs/props/boxes etc would like it for long though :lol:

A bit like giving your granny a pair of running shoes, she will do it but not for long

Not sure the landy halfshafts/diffs/props/boxes etc would like it for long though :lol:

That's quite true but Ashcrofts have the answer to all those problems.

It looks like a good idea to have that much power but I think I would want to see it in the flesh first, it's a very tight fit.

I had a RRC with a 6.5 GM engine which had loads of power and fit realy well but it ate gearbox's.

It looks like a good idea to have that much power but I think I would want to see it in the flesh first, it's a very tight fit.

I had a RRC with a 6.5 GM engine which had loads of power and fit realy well but it ate gearbox's.

I still really want one of those old GMC pickups with that engine in - mate of mine's Dad has one (ex USAF I think) and it spends all it's time with a 2.5T compressor behind it and still does 20/22 MPG :thumbup:

I'm sure somewhere on here there's a thread about big engines in landys with that 6bt hicap as I was getting all excited about wanting to do similar to one I had, but never got any further and sold it.

I still think an old straight 6 normall aspirated patrol/LC engine would have been a good one to use albeit heavy.

Isn't that the truth, I saw split an overdrive unit clean apart.

Hideous the engine is twice as heavy as the front axle can take and he has put a winch on as well for good measure. The Gm 6.5 is too heavy and that has an alloy block. Just as you reach 55 mph the engine will top out on revs and still only do 12 mpg. I have seen a few of these conversions most are poor drive like a boat and un insurable.