Viking mowers

Timbur

Anyone use one of the basic petrol ones?

Looking at spending around £300 as I can't afford more at present but I'd like something that will last and do a good cut.

Looking at the 248t.

Opinions appreciated. I've got a Mountfield Multiclip at present which does a lovely job but it appears to be compacting the grass so after a few hours of sun the cuts looks a little ragged. The blades sharp and the engines running smooth before you all ask :o)

Cheers

Tim

I ve never used a Viking mower but if i remember correctly someone was saying on here there not that good, but like i say never used one and until you try one yourself its just story telling. Personally on that budget i would buy the Husqvarna R53SV, have one my self and would highly recomend it! I think there about in your budget and a good mower too.

Ive a 655 you can have for £100 collected, 2 comercial used seasons old,(but be lucky to have done a yr at most)

Had all the mod's need to keep the bloody blades conected to the rest of the mower + some

WHEN its working very good cut.

Can see why its green rather than orange and dont have Stihl down the side of it

Went back to my 7yr old Hayter ranger 3in1

Tempted Russell but a rear roller would finish me off lifting it into the back of my Fourtrak :o)

Edit: Mmm, no roller. Could be interested then. I'll try and pm you.

Edited by Timbur

• 5 weeks later...

Hi. Don't know if you've got a mower yet, but I paid £150 odd for a honda 476 self propelled roller mower on the 'bay from a bloke in manchester and its great. Get a ali ramp set and the roller mower should go straight up it no trouble. Hope you get sorted