Stove suitable for burning chopped brash

forestgough

I have recently purchased a welmac 110 branchlogger,with the aim of running 1 or 2 woodburners with the branch wood that would usually be left behind or burnt on site[always seemed a hell of waste energy].I wonder if anyone knows of a decent looking top filling stove with glass viewing door.

The fuel im producing is pretty random sized and may need tipping or shovelling into woodburner. Any ideas would be most welcome.

The key here is how big the room is where you are going to put it.

To take a whole bag from that TR70 video would require a bigger stove than I am aware of, opening one of those bags would I suspect get messy.

Providing its dry any stove will burn it ok but there are not many top loaders these days. Vermont castings used to do one, pretty expensive though.

A

Cheers,for the dowling tip. Shame wife not to keen.

How much stuff have you put through your 70? we have only just started with our machine.Do you sell any of it?

Im thinking of trying to get as many owners together and branding the fuel to help market it better, what do you think.

I have recently purchased a welmac 110 branchlogger,with the aim of running 1 or 2 woodburners with the branch wood that would usually be left behind or burnt on site[always seemed a hell of waste energy].I wonder if anyone knows of a decent looking top filling stove with glass viewing door.

The fuel im producing is pretty random sized and may need tipping or shovelling into woodburner. Any ideas would be most welcome.

why not have an outside oiler as others have said something like a Index

than that could heat rads and water with no mess inside

Cheers,for the dowling tip. Shame wife not to keen.

How much stuff have you put through your 70? we have only just started with our machine.Do you sell any of it?

Im thinking of trying to get as many owners together and branding the fuel to help market it better, what do you think.

Have only done about 500 nets so far. Have not sold any yet as didn't want to sell it as less than perfectly dry kindling. The down side to the 70 is the proportion of twiggy ends (someone tell me what correct term is) to thicker main stem is quite high so I view our nets as kindling. I would have thought with the 110 you will have a much better looking bag of logs with a bit of kindling in it. I have been burning it on our fire and the workshop top loading stove quite happily and it does burn well. As pointed out it is a bit messy but now pour out nets into a garden trug and shovel the branch logging's onto the stove like you would coal. I have got a few ideas for marketing but have not actually started. I will PM you some ideas.

With regard to having to many twigs,i tend to pull back on the last section of material as it enters the blades,and chuck that in a pile,that improves the look of the net.We are also putting the fuel directly into dumpy bags until we get a drying shed set up this summer.