Spiderjack vs. lockjack?

adamkaye123

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anyone see a problem with using dmm ultra o crabs with spiderjack conforms to standards stated in user manual eg en number but doesn't so where oval crab is ok or not [ATTACH]122874[/ATTACH]

I used that set up at the start and didnt like it. You wanna get a crab with a flat top like the ISC HMS Mini 3 Way Karabiner. It will all stay in line then., works for me:thumbup:

Base the choice on your climb style and the trees and the type of work you do.

If you find you move your TiPs alot the LJ is good choice especially if you need to midline connect and disconnect.

I use both but definitely prefer the Sj for large canopy work and removals.

I have been using both with the Singing Tree RW as well with no complaints and

have worked out a good system with out a stiff tether. I will share this in time just need a few more hours to ensure it will not fail.

Cheers

I climbed on a Lockjack for 8yrs and liked it because it is mid line removable. I tried a Spiderjack didn't enjoy but that was only because I had 7yrs on an LJ.

Like RopeKnight says, depends on your style and preferences.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

I used that set up at the start and didnt like it. You wanna get a crab with a flat top like the ISC HMS Mini 3 Way Karabiner. It will all stay in line then., works for me:thumbup:

The ovals are perfect for such a job- they load point to point. Simple additions of rubber bandits helps prevent rotation when not under load