need a new groundsaw again, 560xp letting me down :-/

jnoon

Hi there, just to update you on mine and my mates 560xp, I got mine from FR Jones, he got his from a local dealer in suffolk, both had same problems, cutting out, not starting when hot, both went back for hot start kits, have to say F R Jones have been brilliant, service is second to none and they are very helpful so this is in no way a moan at them! Anyway, I phoned up after around 10 days as i was expecting my saw back, they told me they had fitted the hot start kit and now they are waiting for a spare part!! The bearings need replacing on a saw that has done around 10 hours work!! So a few days later my mate goes into the local dealer, hot start kit fitted lovely but guess what!! Knackered bearings, when they plugged it into the laptop they said his had done 8 hours! Unbelievable!! Hopefully you can see the attached picture to see what his 560xp looks like. When we both get them back we are going to see what happens, if they still have problems then they are going back for good!

Holly shizzeeerr.

That's a lot of components, honestly best thing I've done was get mine refunded.

550xp is going strong myy mate bought it off me, 362 is still and has done way more work than 560.

I hated mine far far to unreliable and they couldn't fix it...

Josh

• Replies 415
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Blimey. My 576XP-G AutoTune has only ever given me an issue once - starting when hot and I'd run out of fuel, when it was new. Got it going in the end. Never had the problem again as it got run in!

Looking for a 550XP-G next. Glad that one is going fine!

Blimey. My 576XP-G AutoTune has only ever given me an issue once - starting when hot and I'd run out of fuel, when it was new. Got it going in the end. Never had the problem again as it got run in!

Looking for a 550XP-G next. Glad that one is going fine!

HI SSC it nice see some auto tune are good now i think husky will sale loads of saw now as stihl newer terms :001_rolleyes:thanks jon

Agreed, Jon. While I understand the liability concerns they have, I do feel they're taking it to the point where they're damaging their business badly. No point avoiding every possible lawsuit if you've got no business left!

After all, whatever happened to personal responsibility? It's still easier to buy a gun in the 'land of the free' than it is to buy a Stihl chainsaw here - and they've got an even worse litigation culture than us!

Agreed, Jon. While I understand the liability concerns they have, I do feel they're taking it to the point where they're damaging their business badly. No point avoiding every possible lawsuit if you've got no business left!

After all, whatever happened to personal responsibility? It's still easier to buy a gun in the 'land of the free' than it is to buy a Stihl chainsaw here - and they've got an even worse litigation culture than us!

HI MATE your right mate thats mad if you can get gun easy then a stihl jon :thumbup:

I find the worse thing with them is to run them out of fuel especially when its hot!! The auto tune does not like being starved of fuel.

What does the hot start kit comprise of ?

hot start kit is only blocking off fuel tank vent to pressurise the tank , that is what mine got its a 2012 , husky wont refund me , and mine has broken down 8 times

hot start kit is only blocking off fuel tank vent to pressurise the tank , that is what mine got its a 2012 , husky wont refund me , and mine has broken down 8 times

And a new coil and a hotter plug . Surely if you block the tank vent it will pull a vacuum and stop running ?

Wouldn't blocking the vent stop it from pressurising?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App