Hitch climber knot

LumberJake

Don't waste your money. It will be no smoother for tending friction knots.

It's only smoother if you have a load going round the pulley wheel.

Go for the cheaper red one.

Ah right okay cheers. Always good to save a few pennies. How does 'Ocean Pollyester' cord work on Yale XTC Plus rope??

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah right okay cheers. Always good to save a few pennies. How does 'Ocean Pollyester' cord work on Yale XTC Plus rope??

I wouldn't bother buying the fancy eye to eye lengths of cord either, normal bog standard hitch cord tied up to a suitable length again works fine for me.

I've used ocean poly on xtc plus and it does work well although I 'wasted money' on an OP eye to eye which is too long really (90cm if I remember right). Stein (or similar) 10mm, 75cm eye to eye seems to be perfect length for a knut and works very well although only tried it once the other day. You can save money buying the cord by the metre but you add size to the set up with the fisherman's knots.

I've just started using edelrid tibor III and I have to say I'm impressed from the last crap they made. I would put it against ocean polly any day and I'm a big fan of it, armour prus first choice though. As for the hitch I think a 3 wrap Knut is perfect, I use 10mm cord on 11mm rope. Never binds and always grabs. Hitchclimber is a great pulley but if your not going to use it for anything else it really is just another pulley, and if that's all you want it to do? Tend slack? Then save yourself even more money and just buy a cheaper pulley.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

VT with 3 or 4 wraps, 2 braids.

Grabs well and runs through smoothly.

When I did my 38/39 the instructor let us use his vt... 10mm hitch cord on13mm climbing line 4 turns and 2 braids and I've never used anything else and never will its the business end imo

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App