Best Processor Around The 10k Mark?

farmer_ben

Still cant decide on processors, was all set for a 1x37 but have heard some stories that they aren't overly strong?!

Just seeing what other arbtalk members think I should consider for around £10k

Thanks

Bear in mind the japa models are also said to be built from tin foil, but there's plenty of them going strong. I'd bear in mind who is using it, if the machine you buy is to be owner/user only then I wouldn't be put off by claims that the lower price machines are less sturdy, it simply means you should avoid being stupidly heavy handed with it...

I had a 1x37. As Chris said, its all about how you treat the machine. If you're giving it to an employee to use who is going to abuse it then it probably wont last like a sturdier machine will. I had mine for 6 years, had to replace a couple of sheered bolts in that time, but nothing else. The Dalen is a sturdier machine if you wanted to stretch your budget.

Posch s280 going well for me, spent 12 months looking at processor's before buying one,this for me seemed to be the best built,strongest machine for the money. Jas p Wilsons (posch dearlers) have a open day coming up,17,18th may.Might be worth a trip out and have a go on a few of the models :thumbup:

Still cant decide on processors, was all set for a 1x37 but have heard some stories that they aren't overly strong?!

Just seeing what other arbtalk members think I should consider for around £10k

Thanks

I had a 2xcarry and my best days work was getting rid of it, I had it brand new, it was just not man enough and I part ex it for a Tajfun RCA 400, I am so impressed with it, its really well made and strong, around the 12k:thumbup:

On the whole a lot of the smaller Scandinavian machines are going to be fairly lightly built as over there people tend to have a firewood processor in the same way we'd have a cheap saw, sawhorse and chinese log splitter over here for domestic use.

Like the others have said - if you use it nicely any of the Scandi ones should last well.