What's the best hook to clip chainsaw to harness

jack-tosdevine

I use these little things seem to do the job. Petzl Caritool large | F R Jones and Son

The smaller one seems to be up to the job (and it's cheaper:thumbup:), well i haven't broken it yet. Having said that i'm only thinking of the 201T. Larger saws i use a krab on the steel ring in the strop and clip to my right side D:blushing: as only the rear attachment loop on the harness is rated to hang a saw (Sequoia SRT).

As for where to buy, for me it's local - Forest Park and Garden, not sure if Rhys does mail order though?

HTH

Steve.

I made my own got a old carabiner cut it so it was J shape filled the back end flat drilled to holes one bottom one top got a old leather belt cut a length of it and bolted it to the back of the carabiner using washers to pevent the bolt pulling through the leather. Then just slide it onto your harness belt job done mines been going for 5 years. Caritools are ok but I kept snapping them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2

I use a tool hook made by Komet that is specifically for chainsaw to harness attachment. I think I bought it from Sorbus but ill check that out. I've found you either love em or hate em as some climbers get annoyed that they will occasionally clip to twigs etc.