zig zag failure?

Dilz

One way to boost the appeal is to design and rate it around SRTWP and not just DRT.

Regards,

Tony

At the risk of opening a whole can of worms, in the UK this could be problematic. Current IBP documents in this country are sooooo far behind the times, a product that is ahead of them could struggle to find it's place in the market.

• Replies 391
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh I wouldn't say that dan, I see a mass increase of climbers everyday interested In the whole SRTWP world, and its only a matter of time before it becomes part of an education program. I agree with tony it's a while away and definitely food for though :)

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

Oh I wouldn't say that dan, I see a mass increase of climbers everyday interested In the whole SRTWP world, and its only a matter of time before it becomes part of an education program. I agree with tony it's a while away and definitely food for though :)

I'm not disputing that it has growing popularity, I'm saying that in the sense of H&S and IBP, there are gaps and missing information. Times and technology have moved on since the last revisions were done.

For instance, I'm shortly to be doing an externally verified H&S audit for a company I work for. It will be the second time in two years I have climbed DdRT. The first being an AAAC audit.

Lol, only a matter of a very long time. On the whole the educational establishments haven't even progressed beyond a Prussik

Yes agree maybe I was being a little optimistic haaaaa!

But seriously though I think the whole device should wave in the way of both techniques :)

"Build it and they will come", I love that saying and live by it. :thumbup1:

Cheers

Tony

I'm not disputing that it has growing popularity, I'm saying that in the sense of H&S and IBP, there are gaps and missing information. Times and technology have moved on since the last revisions were done.

For instance, I'm shortly to be doing an externally verified H&S audit for a company I work for. It will be the second time in two years I have climbed DdRT. The first being an AAAC audit.

This is just something I cannot understand? During our AAAC 5 years ago now we climbed single line and they loved it, in fact everything else about the company was an issue other than the way we worked which they were extremely complimentary about. We passed on the strength of our work and not the paper side which restored my faith a tiny bit in the AAAC scheme.

And now for an external audit you have to use a doubled single line what craziness is this?

Not that I care much for using single line myself got bored of it a long time ago for the majority of my UK climbing single line represents access only for me but i recognise it is a good technique that works for many. I agree 100% that Petzl should make the device compatible with both single line and doubled single line use but I doubt they will.

This is just something I cannot understand? During our AAAC 5 years ago now we climbed single line and they loved it, in fact everything else about the company was an issue other than the way we worked which they were extremely complimentary about. We passed on the strength of our work and not the paper side which restored my faith a tiny bit in the AAAC scheme.

And now for an external audit you have to use a doubled single line what craziness is this?

Not that I care much for using single line myself got bored of it a long time ago for the majority of my UK climbing single line represents access only for me but i recognise it is a good technique that works for many. I agree 100% that Petzl should make the device compatible with both single line and doubled single line use but I doubt they will.

Marc, briefly and without de-railing this thread could you explain the SRT setup you used for your AAAC assessment? Five years ago I'd imagine it was a SRT access (ascenders only setup), which IS an approved method for access and has been for some time. My post reffered to SRTWP.