which truck & trailer?

normandylumberjack

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Trying to be clever and get a non commercial, as when i register it here in france, it will need a mot every year, and only every 2 years if a "domestic" car. I would get one of these sign writing wraps to cover the rear side windows, though more for advertising purposes than security, as crime is very low around here.

Are these troopers worth a look? they seem to be robust and comfy from the images, but are they reliable?

I've had a '2006' and a '2008' ranger. The newer shape 2008 drives and tows really well and is fairly economical too. I tow a tipper trailer of logs without any problem. I also regularly tow my 1250 kg chipper and have the back with greedy boards and as much chip as you could get in there and drives with no problems at all.

Trying to be clever and get a non commercial, as when i register it here in france, it will need a mot every year, and only every 2 years if a "domestic" car. I would get one of these sign writing wraps to cover the rear side windows, though more for advertising purposes than security, as crime is very low around here.

Are these troopers worth a look? they seem to be robust and comfy from the images, but are they reliable?

A mate of mine got a trooper for a grand, then foolishly sold it to his dad a few years ago and got a 4k defender. The defender is always back at the garage whereas the Isuzu is still trooping on.

With a trooper have to be a little careful. Look at whether there are obvious signs of a changed windscreen. Is there silicon under the rubber? Check for wet front carpets.

They are steel bodied and prone to rust along the A pillar if scratched when removing old screen. Damp runs into footwells. I think the ecu is under passenger seat or the cd changer if it has one.

If its been looked after will pull like a train.

Ford rangers are tough. Chassis isn't an issue but bodywork on older ones can be.

Of course we are looking at right hand drive motors. Are there any left hand drive variants available on continent? Pretty sure there are cheap pickups in spain right now.

My mate has a trooper, its very good. As mentioned above pulls like a tank, goes anywhere (we use it offroad alot). He has taken the seats out and made a frame thing for tools, you can fit almost half a tonne of logs in the back. He has a 8ft ifor trailer which it pulls no problem. He loves it.