quadtrak or tracked forst?

shillo

I've just seen the website - they have a banner ad at the top of the page (I hadn't noticed it when I posted earlier). It looks a good machine, well thought out and that warranty is excellent! The trailed machine looks heavy for a 6 inch machine though - you are into trailer test/licence issues here. I'm sure the extra weight is accounted for with stronger build than a lot of the old school 6" machines but if you go over 750 kgs you may as well step up to a 7.5-8" machine IMO.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to sure with the tracked version but the forst st6 was a 8x6 i think and its a right beast. Also with the weight it may be higher since they've backed up each fold of metal with a weld, and not compromised anything just to save weight

We have always had Timberwolf but I could not tell you the name of their rep whearas I know Pete and Solomon as they keep in touch.

We recently bought a quadchip and are well pleased with it so when we decided to buy a new tracked machine we had a quadtrack on demo. I personally think we demo'd the wrong machine, it did not suit our needs and had we have had the arbtrack on demo I think we would have ordered one there and then because the arbtrack is a cracking machine.

However, Solomon came along with the Forst and that's the one we have gone for and our new one should be with us later this month.

I think the price for the first was a special intro price of 21kish plus vat (another 1k later) quadtrak is 26inc and including trailer which is 2.5k. so a similar price. But its performance I'm really interested in. i have had a demo but stupidly was taking down a lime that day so no test at all.

Not to sure with the tracked version but the forst st6 was a 8x6 i think and its a right beast. Also with the weight it may be higher since they've backed up each fold of metal with a weld, and not compromised anything just to save weight

The 6" greenmechs are all 6x9" (I think), and I thought the little Jensens have a letterbox opening too (though I have no personal experience of them). It's only tw that still have old fashioned square openings I believe. The smallest measurement is the working capacity of the machine.