quadtrak or tracked forst?

shillo

im in the market for a new tracked machine and have narrowed it down to these two, just cant decide between them. i think the first will last longer and hold its value more but the turntable option on the greenmech with similar weights is mighty tempting. imo the less turning with a tracked machine the better.

any opinions welcome

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Shillo,

I don't believe you can dismiss the Timberwolf 190TFR. Especially if you are looking for durability, and long term residual value. Neither the Forst or the Quadtrak has yet proved there long term investment value.

OK maybe I'm not entirely impartial, however there are a lot of happy Timberwolf users out there.

Regards,

Lee James - BDM Orange Plant

How do they compare price-wise? The Forst is getting rave reviews from everyone who uses it but from what I can gather from Arbtalk it isn't designed to work on embankments, isn't designed to work on a trailer, doesn't have a turntable, and is a bit of an unknown quantity (there isn't even any info online about them). The Greenmech has been around for long enough for any potential teething problems to have been rectified, and has a long standing well respected British manufacturer behind it offering (from my personal experience) unparalleled backup should the need arise. I like the idea of the Forst but (money not withstanding) I would think the Quadtrak appears a better all rounder. As I said, I don't know how they compare price wise (the 2nd hand Quadchip looks like a bargain though!). I haven't personally used either machine however, but have seen a couple of Quadtracks in action and they appear very good indeed.