Hitch cord question.

Old Mill Tree Care

I used to use tenex as a hitch cord. It's ok, but not really the best, both because of it's low melting point and because it has a tendency to lock up occasionally. It's better suited for rigging applications. If you want to try a 12 strand for a hitch cord I'll second Pete's suggestion of ice tail.

I wouldn't bother with either tenex or ice tale hollow braid they might be cheaper or even cheaper than cheap if you do it yourself but you'll spend more in the long run, Ocean poly, armour prus are priced high because of there last ability, I've just start to use edelrid tibor III and if I'm honest I prefer it over ocean poly but how long it last or if it lasts as long is a different story, ill let you know.

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk Mobile App

Like others I have used a few but ether on a my back up flip line or for rigging. The low melting point and grabby nature swayed me from trying it as my climbing hitch.

Now about the only thing I use it for is rigging or adjustable friction savers.

HRC is prefered hitch cord, even on my backup flip line.