Know anyting about this chipper?

Mike Hill

Ive found a chipper called a Ducker,yeah ha ha but at least its not called a dodger.Thing is its in Germany and the photo of it is crap.Its a PTO driven one and the model is a HF-760.

Ive had a good look about the net but so far not found their sight or the guy selling it spelt it wrong.Anyone know a Ducker?

I've used a 13" by 10" pto driven machinfabrik/Ducker, I thought it was an awesome chipper, it grab'd limbs and pulled them through with ease and worked at a good pace.

I'm not sure of the model number of the one i've used (i'll try to find a pic) it was not the same as a TP of similar size that I used before, but it did share similarities. For me it was much better than the TP but that one was a bit of a dog (sorry Matt!)

I'm no chipper expert, maybe Ed will know more about techincal features.

All I know is it was a good machine to use, and reliable in the year that I worked with one.

TP and Ducker are essentialy the same machines - At least till TP started build horizontal roller machines. TP are built in Denmark, Ducker were built in Germany. I believe that One used to work for 'tother at one time.

I have used them, Wolf Baumflege in Stuttgart had 2, a 760 and 960. The best feature was the single high torque poclain motor driving both feed wheels - impressive crushing ability.

As a PTO machine for the back of a mog, I would go with a Farmi - much more modern machine.

I was under the impression from talking to a chap who tried to import the Ducker into the UK that they were indeed TP, but rebadged Ducker because they could sell more in Germany under that name, and it was about 25% of TP production every year.