Cheapest tree work in Chesterfield

SiW

I am currently facing the dilemma am sure alot of others are facing, more or increased bills and reduced work. I seem to spend more time at home than at work recently. Now being self employed owning my own equipment and with very few over heads plus an attitude of I'd rather be at work than at home the dilemma is do I price jobs cheaply to pay the bills now or stay at a fair price and sit at home? Afterall faced with paying ya gas bill or having a tree pruned which would you do

its a fine line maybe price some jobs very competative to get you out and about and seen then if you pick bits and bobs up along the way you are now ahead . thing to remember is quality of service is the key to staying in work good luck work smarter not harder.

Be careful.

I've been in the same position, you need to do the maths.

It's easy to go out and earn £100 on a job which in reality has cost you £110 to do.

Loads of companies pop up, work cheap then go pop when they find their kit is worn out and they can't afford to replace it.

I'm enjoying the slack days, it will kick off soon enough when the weather picks up.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Be careful.

I've been in the same position, you need to do the maths.

It's easy to go out and earn £100 on a job which in reality has cost you £110 to do.

Loads of companies pop up, work cheap then go pop when they find their kit is worn out and they can't afford to replace it.

I'm enjoying the slack days, it will kick off soon enough when the weather picks up.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

This is sound advice from an 'old' hand and I'll join him and say.

Underpricing is the last place you want to be.

Just remember- not everyone goes for the cheapest quote and often the ones saying they can't afford it have the most money- makes sense really.

Value your ability/knowledge/ reliability and you will come through this.

In 30 years in this area alone I must have seen 100's of landscape/tree companies start up often only lasting a season or two. Think on.

Your profit margin after your expenses is key. You can always lower your profit margin in order to secure work once in a while, however this is a practice I would discourage on a regular basis. If you have the time to work on weekends part time to make up any funding requirements do so. Remember this can be temporary until more work becomes available.

Being in business for yourself is great if your cut out for the job. Being profitable after

each job and moving forward can be more challenging.

easy-lift guy

Sorry to be blunt but my profit margin means jack when my 7 month old needs milk and nappies, this is the issue, it's no longer about profit it's about existing

In which case do whatever it takes to get some money flowing in...just don't price so cheap your costs are more than your turnover.

Sounds like a hard time for you - especially feeling the responsibility to provide for a young family. I hope you find some more work soon.