tree officers

dodger

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think what tony was getting at was how different the 2 jobs are, and probably neither side appreciate the others till they have done it. Tony has done both sides, so i would imagine it can be annoying to hear tree officers being generalized when people dont really know the ins and outs of what they have to put up with/go through. i know i certainly dont!

tree surgery has change so much in the last 20 years health and safety and we need tickets for everything these days, but if you apply for some tree officers jobs hasnt gone with the time they dont need any off these tickets so how can they police someone that have ie a climbing ticket as they should do if you were doing streets trees

I can appreciate why you think TO would benefit from times on the tools. But I fail to see why it would be a requirement for a TO to hold up to date NPTC tickets for chainsaw use and climbing - YOU are the one climbing the trees. A tree officer's job is surely to manage the council's trees and recommend necessary works, not to 'police' contractors.

I can appreciate why you think TO would benefit from times on the tools. But I fail to see why it would be a requirement for a TO to hold up to date NPTC tickets for chainsaw use and climbing - YOU are the one climbing the trees. A tree officer's job is surely to manage the council's trees and recommend necessary works, not to 'police' contractors.

part of there job is to see a contractors are complying to health and safety guild lines for tree gang and the public safety

Edited by dodger
miss spelling

The tree officer that i deal with mostly is very good and really knows his stuff. I still disagree with some of his decisions sometimes,but im sure if he could climb he would probably disagree with the way i do things sometimes? Top and bottom is i climb and he looks after the councils trees which is two totally different jobs.