Are pick up tippers worth the extra £££?

farmer_ben

Exactly my thoughts, less mess and the other thing I have got alot of other work due to the half hour chat with the customer whilst unloading by hand, plus as above you dont leave a pile of dirt/sawdust/bark etc on the customers drive :thumbup1:

Time is money if you did 8 drops in an 8 hour day you would spend 4 of those hours standing chatting :confused1:

My customers lay a tarp out and i tip on there.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Time is money if you did 8 drops in an 8 hour day you would spend 4 of those hours standing chatting :confused1:

My customers lay a tarp out and i tip on there.

Horses for courses, if your only doing firewood fair enough you need to get loads out in a day, in my case firewood is a sideline to help with cash flow during the winter when I'm hedgelaying and therefore the time spent having a chat and potentially picking up work for the rest of the year is time well spent :thumbup1:

Horses for courses, if your only doing firewood fair enough you need to get loads out in a day, in my case firewood is a sideline to help with cash flow during the winter when I'm hedgelaying and therefore the time spent having a chat and potentially picking up work for the rest of the year is time well spent :thumbup1:

Absolutely! surprising what a good chat can lead to work wise. I normally only deliver 2/3 days a week so cram as many drops in as I can.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Mine goes though a tumbler off the conveyor belt so clean logs.

No such thing!! More bark will break off when they drop off the end of the convayer into to the bag or truck and again when you tip it off. I admit not as much but it's still there. The tumblers are good for getting the splinters and shards of wood out of the load. My parents had one but to be fair it ended up not being used as it was just one more thing to move around the yard.

clean logs are green logs :biggrin: each of my beech logs has a pair of arms and legs and when its dark they run into the field and roll around in the mud. After 12 months they are black. They dont throw their coat of till they hit the customers drive. yes I been drinking