New Timberwolf TW190TVGTR..

bazbro

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to clarify something about the picture that I posted originally.

This is the pre production model and the picture was taken about six months ago now.

I have been informed by Timberwolf that they are working on the ground clearance which will be around 500mm fully extended.

I believe that Timberwolf are going through final testing prior to launch and I suggested giving it to a tree surgery gang to get some "constructive" criticism.

I know some of you guys would want to do that A) because its free B) because you get to "try" (not "break") someone elses kit and C) because you would like to have your good and bad points taken into account.

When I get more updated info and pictures I will keep you up to speed.

regards,

Baz

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Jensen 'Bankmaster' looks a very good tool, but, a big but, the track pressure on that angle will remove the tracks on a regular basis.

Don't get me wrong, Jensen are a cracking machine. This invention is just 'OK'

I have a vari-track (not bankmaster) Jensen and have had it on some serious angles (far greater than the one shown in the above picture) and track stability has never been an issue. The machine would roll long before the tracks came off IMO, perish the thought...

Hi Guys,

Just wanted to clarify something about the picture that I posted originally.

This is the pre production model and the picture was taken about six months ago now.

I have been informed by Timberwolf that they are working on the ground clearance which will be around 500mm fully extended.

I believe that Timberwolf are going through final testing prior to launch and I suggested giving it to a tree surgery gang to get some "constructive" criticism.

I know some of you guys would want to do that A) because its free B) because you get to "try" (not "break") someone elses kit and C) because you would like to have your good and bad points taken into account.

When I get more updated info and pictures I will keep you up to speed.

regards,

Baz

If you want some problems with the old 190 tracked machine I can give you a few that probably wont cost a fortune to change but would make the machine a lot easier to use.

1. The discharge shoot:- weld a horizontal bar to it, its difficult to turn around at the best of times never mind when its been pissing it down and every think is wet and slippy.

2. Sort something out with the bottom anvil, brash gets jammed on it and the rollers just spin.

3. Put the feed control buttons on the side of the hopper as well as at the top. It just seems a ridiculous place, when you have to reverse the rollers you are standing in the firing line of the brash and then when you have to start them once again your right in the middle of everything.Bit of a HSE issue me thinks and I am surprised they havent got on to it.

Dont know if any of this is relevant to this thread or you personally or if it has been sorted on the newer model but thought i would just mention it anyway :001_smile: because otherwise(and there may be a few more niggles cant remember tbh) it is a really good machine IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi MesterH,

Just a quick reply to your points made.

As you say, these are my own opinions and not of Timberwolf ,Orange plant or anyone else.

Point 1:The discharge chute: Depends on how old your model of 190 is. If you take the discharge chute off completely, clean out the inset where the chute sits and give it a bit of grease, replace the chute and you should have an easier turning shoot. Putting anothe bar on could lead to rusting around joints and I have seen some models with handles on chutes missing completely due to the force of the operatives.

point 2: Anvils, you must maintain the anvil and if it starts to round off the replace immediately, anvils either singularly or in sets are available on our website http://www.timberwolfparts.com .

point 3: feed control buttons: On the new shredder the feed control buttons are on the side of the hopper and agree with you that it is an easier action rather than reaching to the top of the hopper. Ill pass on your comments to timberwolf and let you know what they say.

hope this helps.

Baz

• 3 months later...
Hi John,

Meet you at Dawn at the OK Corral!!!

Have you got one spare at the moment? Would be good to meet up and put them through their paces.

do you reckon we could sell tickets?

regards,

Baz

The AA would seem the perfect venue!:001_cool:

We will have already bought our tickets :sneaky2: