Blower and 200t repair, need help

afro reductions

Hello there, I have an ms 200t which has sheared from the bottom of the handle ( the annular buffer ), i have tried to take the saw apart but got caught up with reassembling ( a previously working handle :blushing: ), So back to square 1 do I have too completely disassemble the saw to get to the buffer ? ( http://bricomeca.free.fr/Stihl/stihl%20MS200T%20IPL.pdf ), If so how do i do this, do i need to remove the clutch and get at it from that side?

Also i have a BG 86 blower with a sticky fuel pump button that won't run on full revs, guessing fuel line issue after attempting dissassemble, similar question which side do i start on do i need to block the piston to remove bits?

Any help would be much appreciated , or if you think im out of my depth let me know, but as monies and time are of concern, I am relluctant to spend £35 just for a diagnosis ( local shops standard rate! :thumbdown:).

Thanks for looking :thumbup1:.

Hello there, I have an ms 200t which has sheared from the bottom of the handle ( the annular buffer ), i have tried to take the saw apart but got caught up with reassembling ( a previously working handle :blushing: ), So back to square 1 do I have too completely disassemble the saw to get to the buffer ? ( http://bricomeca.free.fr/Stihl/stihl%20MS200T%20IPL.pdf ), If so how do i do this, do i need to remove the clutch and get at it from that side?

Also i have a BG 86 blower with a sticky fuel pump button that won't run on full revs, guessing fuel line issue after attempting dissassemble, similar question which side do i start on do i need to block the piston to remove bits?

Any help would be much appreciated , or if you think im out of my depth let me know, but as monies and time are of concern, I am relluctant to spend £35 just for a diagnosis ( local shops standard rate! :thumbdown:).

Thanks for looking :thumbup1:.

The correct answer for the front lower buffer removal has been given on the 'bench' thread, but the BG86 question is as yet unanswered.

If by 'sticky fuel button" you mean the primer bulb is pushing in and not returning, then your problem is most likely a fuel blockage.

This will likely be either the pickup filter (in the tank) or the gauze filter in the carb. Either can prevent fuel being drawn into the primer bulb to replace the vacuum formed when it is depressed.

A fuel blockage of this nature will also prevent the engine achieving full revs.

All you need to do is pull the pickup pipe from the tank to check the filter. if thats not it hen remove and dissmantle the carb to check the gauze, which you will find under the plate which is held down by one central screw.

No need at this stage for major dismantling.

The correct answer for the front lower buffer removal has been given on the 'bench' thread, but the BG86 question is as yet unanswered.

If by 'sticky fuel button" you mean the primer bulb is pushing in and not returning, then your problem is most likely a fuel blockage.

This will likely be either the pickup filter (in the tank) or the gauze filter in the carb. Either can prevent fuel being drawn into the primer bulb to replace the vacuum formed when it is depressed.

A fuel blockage of this nature will also prevent the engine achieving full revs.

All you need to do is pull the pickup pipe from the tank to check the filter. if thats not it hen remove and dissmantle the carb to check the gauze, which you will find under the plate which is held down by one central screw.

No need at this stage for major dismantling.

Just said the same thing on my bench thread:blushing::lol:

Think the OP has enough to go by or totally confuse him by now:lol:

Thanks for all the replies chaps, I think im good to go in the morrow to continue my botch job ill post some pictures of the questionable washers ive used to repair another av mount on the saw ...

Big thanks to Rich and Spud :thumbup1: i am becoming an arb talk addict hopefully ill be able to contribute something uself in the future :thumbup: