Yellow Pages ?

White Noise

I got a call the other day asking why I hadn't paid for my yell web site sinse last June!

When I pointed out the fact that my contract was up last June and I had cancelled the web site as it was utter garbage she seemed shocked.

They don't have a clue whats going on.

Hibu will soon be a thing of the past hopefully along with Thompson local.:thumbup1:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I got a call the other day asking why I hadn't paid for my yell web site sinse last June!

When I pointed out the fact that my contract was up last June and I had cancelled the web site as it was utter garbage she seemed shocked.

They don't have a clue whats going on.

Hibu will soon be a thing of the past hopefully along with Thompson local.:thumbup1:

ther driven by commison,so they have to hard sell,havnt used them for yrs ,local adds are best, had a free line on yell.com dont even know if its still live

i`v had a letter asking for money from 2008!!!

i have not paid it & wont pay it tough luck!!!

back in the day i got more work & quality work out of the thomson local than i ever got from yell!

the calls from yell were nearly always timewasters which also meant my evenings & weekends & my diesel was wasted going to price up work!!!

also when i was in / on yell i got loads of calls from other companies that wanted me to advertise with them i was getting between 5 & 15 calls a day like this which just really annoyed me & wasted more of time answering the phone to these idiots!

Paul, I dropped them 4 years ago. Invest your money in a decent website and maybe use a local mag.

I use Go Local which covers Middlewich area.

You could try Effective Directories which cover your patch mate.

PS hows the jo Beau

Thing is John I,m really busy and unsure about dropping YP . Although there service is tat. They most probably will not be getting anymore money off me next year . A website is on the cards. The little Jo Beau was out today on a restricted Ash removal and again performed brill . Just changed the pull cord as the buggar snapped on me lol . Hope your well .