Would you all be disappointed if I bought a fastrac?

Lyncombe-climber

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I drive a 3220 quiet often it is a realy good tractor apart from the lock there's is loads of power brilliant on the road comfy with a top speed of 45mph and this Wil be hard to belive but it is good on diesel compared to my mates jd 7530 doing the same job fastrac burnt 100 litres of fuel and and the 7530 drunk 150 litres

I was carting wheat in the summer from field to farm and back to field was 60 miles, i could do 6 loads a day =360 miles. i wouldnt want to do it any other tractor than a fastrac. But as said probably the worst tractor for field work

Few mention steering lock, 4ws is great on them! Comfy, massive cab and not as bad as people make out of road, weight block on rear deck makes the world of difference. What ever hp you think you need go up another level as they do struggle on hills, and personally not a fan of gear boxes, but, i often think its down to what you know, if you've driven lots of machines you can pick fault with every one, if you haven't and you finally get your own you'll think it's the dogs danglies regardless! Drive one, see, who cares what anyone thinks.

Aaron

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

So you want a giant quad bike then. :lol:

I have driven a fare few of them. The lock is rubbish unless you get narrow wheels and tyres on them and then the lock can be increased to give a bit more.

For "working" in an agri context they are not good, poor traction and a jumpy suspension mean field working is more like being on a boat than a tractor.

But for contracting and running on roads there are brilliant. I always saw them as a contractors tractor for pulling large loads and low loaders.

The last ones drove is below and this one I would recommend to anyone, had it on demo at the farm I worked on. Loved it fully. Very powerfull and very fast. I had 40mph going uphill pulling grain trailer. The exhaust was given to a university to get the most power from it and the best sound. I reckon it would give the boy racers a run for there money.

Semi auto gearbox, wi touch screen display, can choose the gear ratios to match what you are doing, can set the hydraulics, four wheel drive auto select and diff locks to what you want, so either they come in on a certain wheel slip or a certain % of wheel turn.

Short it's the best one I can think that jcb has made, they have tried to make a proper tractor and succeeded in every way. Try and get one on demo.

image.jpg.7836599a79e460ea6de647e8200f64d5.jpg

We had a Fastrac with a 12" Entec for quite some time, it was an awesome piece of kit. And simple controls, electronic shift and stuff, made a Mog look prehistoric. And when it broke down in traffic, we pushed it off the road. Wouldn't want to push a Mog. But it's horses for courses, which would I prefer if it was my money...... A Mog, because it's more versatile. For towing a trailer regularly, Fastrac. Confused myself now.

We had a Fastrac with a 12" Entec for quite some time, it was an awesome piece of kit. And simple controls, electronic shift and stuff, made a Mog look prehistoric. And when it broke down in traffic, we pushed it off the road. Wouldn't want to push a Mog. But it's horses for courses, which would I prefer if it was my money...... A Mog, because it's more versatile. For towing a trailer regularly, Fastrac. Confused myself now.

Haha. That's the point of owning it isn't it :thumbup: